title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Meta Data problem

Meta Data problem

Using CD Ripper

Renewed AMG licence.
    Activated etc.
    Checked it is highlighted under Meta > Options - it is (along with the otehrs, 364 days remaining)

Put a CD in... get the line at the bottom of the track list saying CD in accuraterip, but get no meta data AT ALL!!

During trial version got meta data, but never any album art.
    McAfee firewall... cannot see log file entries saying it is blocking

HELP - thanks

Administrator

Re: Meta Data problem

Disable all security software, only then would you know if it was blocking it.

Also try to manually retrieve metadata (down arrow next to Meta button >> retrieve from)

I am having a similar problem. I tried loading a few cds a week or so ago and it did not retrieve any metadata. I assumed that as the cds had just been released that the metadata was not available. I have since tried additional cds that I have ripped before and I am getting no metadata. I have 56 days left on my AMG account. I have tried disabling norton firewall and also the firewall on my router but I still get nothing! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Administrator

Freedb is not giving any meta data? for popular CDs? there are no restrictions on freedb.

Make sure that the metadata providers are checked on the meta drop menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Freedb is not giving any meta data? for popular CDs? there are no restrictions on freedb.

Make sure that the metadata providers are checked on the meta drop menu.
    I'm not getting metadata from any of the providers !?

Administrator

Then you have some kind of security software which is blocking internet access to cd ripper.

I'm also having a similar problem. It was working fine during my trial, so I know it's not security software, but since I bought the program and the AMG licence, it's stopped working!

It is working to an extent, in that the program will supply its default meta data offering (i.e. it will fill out the panel on the left hand side of the Meta Review dialog box), but the rest of the box is blank and the four AMG/GD3/MusicBrainz/freedb buttons are greyed out.

Have you checked that the search options haven't become unselected when you installed the registered version?

Assuming that means that all the sources are "ticked" in the meta menu, then yes, they are selected.

I can retrieve data from each source by using the "retrieve from" menu and going through each option, so data retrieval does work.

It's just that, even when I use "retrieve from" for all sources, then using alt+m still gives me a blank screen.

Administrator

Make sure perfect meta is checked.

Perfect Meta was checked. But I unchecked everything and restarted the program, then I checked everything and restarted the program. And now Alt+M works again. Not logical perhaps, but I wasn't too surprised when it worked!