title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Trying again: dbpoweramp CD Ripper still not working in Win7 x64

Trying again: dbpoweramp CD Ripper still not working in Win7 x64

Started a thread before, but nothing seems to work. Thought I would try again.

Installed 64-bit Windows 7. This required complete re-install of all apps. Reinstalled dbpoweramp CD ripper (ver 13.3). Tried to test on first rip and got an error: "dbpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working". It appears to have ripped the files successfully, but no tag information was included. It does this "stopped working" error after each file ripped.

Have been doing Apple Lossless, but tried a number of different formats (mp3 & FLAC). Got the same result.

FYI, I ran this successfully before I reinstalled under Vista SP2 32-bit.

Will dbpoweramp not work under Windows 7 64-bit? If not, are there any plans to offer support on this new platform?

Thanks,
    G

Administrator

Re: Trying again: dbpoweramp CD Ripper still not working in Win7 x64

Try changing from Apple Lossless to FLAC (as a test), does that crash also?

Sorry, getting frustrated. Said that above. Tried Apple Lossless, mp3 & FLAC. Its the underlying program somehow.

Administrator

Our testing of Windows x64 revealed no problems, that is not to say there are none (try disabling your security software).

It will be R15 of dbpoweramp before there is a specific x64 install.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It will be R15 of dbpoweramp before there is a specific x64 install.
    I guess you are getting your R14 feature list together. Thats unfortunate news. I thought you had mentioned that R14 would have a x64 install. O well... At least this means we may see some signs of R14 soon...?

Administrator

Will go to alpha shortly.

Fwiw, I am running v13.3 on 64 bit Win 7 without any issues. It's the release candidate, build 7100, which is Win 7 Ultimate, on a two year old Core 2 Dell with 2GB.

I am having the same problem. CD Ripper not working in Win 7 x64 but music converter does. Have tried without anti virus but makes no difference.

I'd the same problem with the cd ripper under Win 7 64Bit. Than I've made a complete deinstallation with deleting the directory and the Illustrate registry entries and after a second installtion everything works fine. Only the aquiring from the scanner produce an error message because my canon twain drivers are not really 64bit ready.

I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and dBpoweramp CD Ripper 13.3 (ripping to FLAC) and Converter both work fine for me: straight from the download file installation. My AV is Avast.