title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Setting offset value for ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U

Setting offset value for ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U

I am attempting to configure an external drive, an ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U, for use with AccurateRip. Although most key disks I use give an offset of +103 samples (+412 bytes), AccurateRip is not accepting this value as it conflicts with the database value of +667 samples. +103 samples appears to be the correct offset value as WAV files ripped using this offset on this drive are identical to WAV files ripped using another drive and verified as correct by using AccurateRip on that drive. Is it possible to make AccurateRip ignore the database value or to make it function in some other way? I am using EAC 0.99 prebeta 5, dated 4 May 2009.

Administrator

Re: Setting offset value for ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U

Asus have never made a drive with +103, but that is not to say your drive is not. Also 8 other people have a +667 offset with that drive.

If you keep feeding key discs then it will configure as 103 if that is its offset.

Re: Setting offset value for ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U

Re your suggestion, I tried half-a-dozen key disks, all +103, but AccurateRip never configured itself to that value. I was able to get it to work eventually however by editing the DriveOffsets.bin file to change +667 to +103.