title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: BWF MP2 to MP3 coversion errors

BWF MP2 to MP3 coversion errors

Hi,

I’m using the demo version of dBpoweramp & Audio Conversion Engine and have struck a few problems...

1) When I try to convert some WAV files to MP3s, I get a "WaveDecoder::ReadDataBlock" error and a Windows "delayed write failed" error. Not every time though.

2) When attempting to convert from a BWF MP2 file to a MP3 I get the error message “ Unable to load decoder for file type 'bwf', codec not installed". I have installed the BWF codec and BWF is available as an encoding file type and works OK. No right click dBpoweramp options are available for BWF files. The conversion works fine when I change the file extension from BWF to MP2.

Thanks... any assistance appreciated.

Re: BWF MP2 to MP3 coversion errors

The "WaveDecoder::ReadDataBlock" error and Windows "delayed write failed" errors are I think due to a slow network connection to a server. I put the "force non-live" DSP effect cause I though it might help but I still got the error.

Administrator

Try doing all conversions locally, a ReadDataBlock failure is the file which is failing to read, which should never happen.

TrinitySoftware

Hi Steven,

Try renaming those ".bwf" files to ".wav". This is the standard extension for BWFWAV and BWFMP2 files.

Best regards,
    Daren.

Thanks for those replies...

converting locally works fine, but I'd like to be able to convert from a server location. A couple of questions:

1) Can dBpoweramp pause the conversion if a network connection slows down or is interrupted?

2) Theoretically should dBpoweramp be able to convert files with a ".BWF" extension?

Thanks

Administrator

1) No

OK.. thanks.

What about files with the BWF extension? The reason I ask is that some broadcasting systems create files like this and I need to work with them to create automated conversions.

Re: BWF MP2 to MP3 conversion errors

I think the BWF extension may be now considered non-standard. Even so, any chance it could be recognised and converted as a BWF file?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: BWF MP2 to MP3 conversion errors

I will add in a future release.

Thanks- appreciate it. That will make some radio broadcasters' lives a bit easier.