title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error with Virtual CD Burner

Error with Virtual CD Burner

Hello,
    I like to burn (with dBpoweramp CD writer) a virtual CD with the virtual CD-Burner of the "Virtual CD" software. For that I create an audio CDR in Music-Mode and start burning to that virtual device.

Burning starts and after track 12 of 17 I get the following error message from dBpoweramp CD writer:

Device Error: Could not write to Disc (LBA_236035 Lengh: 0).
    Unknown Error. - 0x050C00
    [Tip: Cancel Burn ans Select a Slower Write Speed]
    Insert a New Blank CD Disc, Retry Burn?

Can anybody help?

Thanks Charly

Re: Error with Virtual CD Burner

Charly-

How are you trying to access and burn the Virtual CD?

If you have not already done so, I would encourage you to open the Virtual CD file and to load the tracks from there into CD Writer.

If you have Virtual CD r10, you should be able to burn directly from there. Is there a reason you would rather not do so?

Best wishes,
    Bill

I now installed an other virtual CD burner called "Phantom Burner". Same effect. Crashes at tilte 12. Seems to me to be an error of dBpoweramp writer...

Well then I took only 11 tracks to burn. dbPoweram CD Writer finishes processing but there is only one track to be found on the virtual CD :-((

Next try I convertred my FLACs to WAV and took Nero to burn the tracks to "Phantom Burner". No problem at all! The imagefile can be perfectly ripped with dBpoweram Ripper.

Conclusion:
    That seems to me like a bug in dBpoweramp CD Writer. It just can't work with virtual CDs. What a shame :-(
    Last edited by oehlrich; 11-14-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xoas View Post
    How are you trying to access and burn the Virtual CD?
    Bill,
    thanks for your comment.

I like to submit some background information about what I like to do do. Maybee there's an other way...

I have a lot of ripped CDs. All these rips are raw FLACs with no tags, but all FLACS for one album in a sigle folder. What I like to have are Flacs with perfect tags. So until now I burned the FLACs with dBpoweram CD Writer to a CD and reripped it. With that I got new FLACs with all tags inside. So far so good.
    Each such conversion costs me one CD to burn. Therefore I installed that virtual CD burner to burn to that virtual device instead of a real CD.

Charly