title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD not displayed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaybed
    • Oct 2009

CD not displayed

Hi

I'm trying to rip a copy CD and it doesn't show up in DB at all. Its a .cda file when I look at it and its of lossless quality. Its a mix CD with 1 track. The properties show it as read only and when I untick that it won't allow me to do so. I have tried to refresh in DB to no avail.

The CD plays fine in my stereo and also on my PC using WMP.

Has anyone any ideas??

Cheers

Jay
  • sredmyer
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Re: CD not displayed

When you say "DB" I assume you are referring to the dbpoweramp CD Ripper application. Is this correct?

Also not sure what you mean by "does not show up in DB". Do you mean that the CD Ripper application does not recognize that a disc is loaded? If this is indeed what you mean, here are a couple of things you might try.
    1) Make sure you have the correct drive selected (I know it seems obvious but often the obvious is overlooked)
    2) Once the disc has been loaded in the drive click the "Refresh" button to force CD Ripper to re-read the disc.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• jaybed
      • Oct 2009

Hi

Yeah sorry. I'm using DBpoweramp reference edition and its the CD ripper application I'm trying to use. I have been ripped hundreds of CD's so far and haven't had any issues. When I load the CD it just shows a blank page on DB, no track information at all. I have pressed refresh and also the retry button. I only have 1 drive and I have ripped a CD before and after that without any problems, although they are all original cd's. I have ripped another copy earlier on this evening without any issues, this had multiple tracks, whereas the problem one only has 1.

Thanks for your quick response. I will be logging off now but will respond again tommorow.

Cheers

Jay

Comment

• astew1975
        • Nov 2009

Yes, ive had the same problem with cd's with only one track. Please help us figure this out.

Comment

• Arnold_Layne
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by astew1975
          Yes, ive had the same problem with cd's with only one track. Please help us figure this out.
          This is fixed in the Beta version of 13.4:

<now released> Changes: Single Track CDs detected again in CD Ripper FLAC: if 'AlbumArtist' and 'Album Artist' contain the same item duplicated, it only appears once mp3 Lame updated to 3.98.2 id3v2 tags split Soloist tag on '/' not \r Resample can now convert 192Khz to 44.1KHz ** DSP Effects to be updated CD Ripper -

A_L

Comment

Working...

]]>