title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming Scheme

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spuddler
    • Mar 2008

Naming Scheme

Hi,avn't managed to get my head around the naming scheme.Never seem to get enough time to mess about with it enough,can understand a lot of it,but i'm no programmer.

I like this,messed about a bit with it.Only thing is can't get it to just name a say MP3 track, '4 - Born To Run' .Without it adding Artist,Disc 1 etc etc.File names especially in compliation,Multi Disc's etc,just become too long & i can't move or in some cases transfer them on my PC 'File Name Too Long'.
    I like it for how it sets out Folders etc etc.

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][]

Any ideas how i can adapt to get track to be just '03 - Money' etc ?

Cheers BOB
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Naming Scheme

Try this:
    Code:
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][][]

Comment

• spuddler
      • Mar 2008

Re: Naming Scheme

Hi,thanks for your input LT DATA,thought it would be hard getting a reply with just posting a naming scheme.But if i got one,being from you was no surprise :smile2: ,there aught to be more like you,& some others on here of cause.
      Its little things that have put me off messing with the naming scheme(apart from shortage of time).Read your naming tutorial & it is good.Little things like what does a space do,what does \ do etc,what does capitals do etc.Other thing thats frustrated me prob the most,is sometimes when i have had a mess,one minute i can copy & paste a naming scheme into CD Ripper or whatever,next minute paste won't work,then your typing & trying not to miss a character,space etc.Takes that long & with frustration i soon give up :cry:
      So i have ended up just trying a few what peeps have posted.Don't want one thats too sophisticated,as per one posted,but i can see it prob hard to change little things,once it as been all nested etc.If it wasn't for path/file names being too long i would be happy.Can imagine for some peeps with lots of classical music,this can be even more of a prob.It causes me probs with putting music on my Walkman,my 500GIG HDD with Flac on is getting full(20GIG left,so in Red for defrag,efficiency etc,it is a back up HDD thou)going to have to get a 1TB HDD,so i can see me having fun & games transfering over to that.
      Anyway back to my prob,this is what i would be happy with:-
      Folders are all OK

Single Artist/Album
      Artist Folder>Album Folder>Track/title ie 01 - Fly Me to the Moon

Single Artist/Album/Multi Disc
      Artist Folder>Album Folder>Disc1 etc>Track/Title ie 01 - Fly Me to the Moon

Compliation/Single Disc
      Album Folder>Track/Title ie 01 - Fly Me To The Moon

Compliation/Multi Disc
      Album Folder>Disc1 etc>Track/Title ie 01 - Fly Me To The Moon

Disc1 is just named Disc1 etc.
      Its Multi Disc were i get more probs with File Name too long etc.Can even cope with Artist name or Album Artist added to Track/Title most of the time.

Anyway tried your adaption to the naming scheme i posted,unfortunately it helped a bit,but not completely :cry:

Single Artist/Album OK:- Track/Title 01 - Fly Me to The Moon ,Bang On

Single Artist/Album/Multi Disc:- Track/Title 01 - Fly Me To The Moon - Disc1

Compliation/Single Disc:- 01 - Fly Me To The Moon - Huey (Fun Lovin' Criminals)

Compliation/Multi Disc:- 01 - Fly Me To The Moon - Disc1

At least getting there,at most 2 things after 01 -

Most of the other tech stuff with dbPoweramp i can understand quite well,or using a bit of nous,at least bumble on to a solution.Copy & Paste probs,certainly knocked my enthusiasim with the naming scheme.
      dbPoweramp still one of the best progs iv'e used on a PC thou.You find something new & useful in it,regularily.That does make it a long learning curve thou,for me anyway :smile2:

Cheers BOB

ps long post(prob tooo long also)for me,being a one digit wonder typist :smile2: .Do pop into this forum often & have a read thou.So a lot of probs i have had,have been sorted by reading posts in the forum.
      Its always better if you adopt something when its new,just come out,everyones on the same initial learning curve.It always seems to be harder i find,when something as been going on for a while.I would have forgone using EAC & others if i'd found or decided to use this earlier :smile2:
      Last edited by spuddler; 10-29-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>