title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: QC on ripped files...?

QC on ripped files...?

A while ago, I ripped all my CDs to flac. Recently, I batch converted a large part of those flacs to mp3s. For a few files I came up with an error message along the lines of

"...md5 did not match decoded data, files is corrupt"

Re-running the conversion came up with the same error, re-ripping the CD resolved the issue. So, apparently, there are some corrupt flacs in my collection (maybe resulting from the fact, that I ripped a lot of CDs at work and the files were copied around a lot). So it would be nice to do some QC (quality control) on all my existing flac files (I don't want to convert them all to mp3). Is there any way in dbP to do that? Or is there any other tool available with which i can check the integrity of all my flac files (almost 20,000)?

Thanks,
    -p

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: QC on ripped files...?

foobar has a util which can check accuraterip, however you will be doing each individually.

if you just want to check for decoding correctly, you could use the test dsp, or there is a program called audiotester (google it).
    Last edited by Teknojnky; 10-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks!

Didn't know about the test dsp and audiotester looks good too.

I knew about the accuraterip foobar plugin, but that is a bit tedious. Would be nice to have a tool integrated in dbP (or the batch converter), that could check against the DB (don't want to deal with that Perl script floating around).

Administrator

Use Batch Converter select the root folder and filter to just FLAC files. Click Convert and change 'Convert To' as Test Conversion, any MD5 errors would be flagged.