title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

SampleGrabber

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VisualBraille
    • Aug 2008

SampleGrabber

On a newly built Vista Ultimate 64-bit computer with the current version of dBpoweramp installed and all plug-ins (with settings matching my Vista Ultimate 32-bit laptop) I am now experiencing an error that I do not encounter on my 32-bit laptop.

The scenario: converting an iTunes downloaded *.m4a file (downloaded two weeks ago). The 32-bit computer converts it to a LAME *.mp3 just fine but my new 64-bit computer generates the following error on not only this m4a file but all others I try (even though the plug-in is installed):

"Error converting to mp3 (Lame). Unable to insert SampleGrabber (see forum.dbpoweramp.com FAQ for details on how to fix) [dDecoder::Open]"

I didn't see anywhere in the forum that addressed 'SampleGrabber' and didn't find any entries noting 'SampleGrabber'. So I'm curious what problem I'm encountering is now.

The only changes between these two computers are that the 64-bit version has Adobe CS4 Master Suite on it and the 32-bit version has the previous Adobe CS3 Master Suite installed. I did notice in online searching that the CS4 Premiere installs various DirectShow Filters 'MainConcept (Adobe2)' that some applications seem to indicate are broken but really aren't.

Besides CS4 and the codecs that get installed, there is the 'Vista Codec Package' installed (http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html) with the x64 Add-on.

Other than that, both computers have the same features of dBpoweramp installed. Any known issues with this SampleGrabber error or conflicts with Adobe CS4, Vista Codec Package on a 64-bit computer?

Any advice on how to get dBpoweramp Music Converter working properly will be greatly appreciated.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: SampleGrabber

Try this:
    regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\qedit.dll
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qedit.dll
    regsvr32 /u %windir%\SysWOW64\qedit.dll
    regsvr32 %windir%\SysWOW64\qedit.dll

Or update your DirectX:

Comment

• VisualBraille
      • Aug 2008

Thanks for the suggestion of trying the current version of DirectX, however, after installing it I tried to convert to an MP3 (both Fran. & LAME) and also a WMA and in all situations I get the same error. So as it stands I cannot convert any audio files.

Also, please advise on what you mean when you tell me to try this:

What am I supposed to do? I've checked the 'System32' and 'SysWOW64' directories and 'qedit.dll' files do exist in both.

I'm wondering why this application works fine on a 32-bit system but experiences errors on a 64-bit system - especially now since the 32-bit system doesn't have the most current DirectX installed and runs fine.

Any other ideas?
      Daniel

Comment

• VisualBraille
        • Aug 2008

I'm just anxious to get this application working on a 64-bit system, any advice for this SampleGrabber problem? Any idea why the 32-bit installation works and the 64-bit doesn't?

Comment

• VisualBraille
          • Aug 2008

In regards to your comment to try this:

On Vista 64-bit I used the 'Start/Seach Box' and entered each line that returned an executable, after running each I was prompted that the .dll were now unregistered.

I also followed your instructions to download the latest version of DirectX.

I just tried to convert .m4a files to .mp3 files and the same error that prompted my inquiries is still present ... any idea of what's going on with dBpoweramp? Does it just not work on Vista 64-bit? Right now this software is worthless and I would like to get it working like it does on Vista 32-bit.

Also, since the .dll files have been unregistered and it did nothing how do I re-register those .dll files? I'd like to keep this new OS installation as close to the 'default' installation as possible since dBpoweramp is the only application that's not working properly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Sorry for not being clear. Of the 4 commands I gave you, 2 unregister the file and the other 2 re-register the files. Worst, case run these 2 commands from a cmd window:

Comment

• VisualBraille
              • Aug 2008

Thank you for the clarification on the uninstalling/reinstalling the .dll files. I actually just retried only the uninstalling procedure (as my previous attempt, in the order you provided, would've uninstalled and then immediately reinstalled them) and I still received the error.

At this point, I have uninstalled the two .dll files you recommended and also installed the current version of DirectX, both recommendations have not helped. Is there any additional information that I can provide so that you may provide direction on how to get dBpoweramp to work properly on Vista Ultimate 64-bit?

I have installed the same files from dBpoweramp on both my 32-bit Vista Ultimate laptop and this 64-bit desktop, so the only difference would be hardware and then some codecs, just because of differences addressing the OS. But in a nutshell, the codes installed on this 64-bit system are from Shark007 Vista Codec package, whatever codecs CS4 Master Suite installs and then dBpoweramp offerings.

Any ideas for further testing or should I just abandoned dBpoweramp now?

Comment

• VisualBraille
                • Aug 2008

Can anyone provide insight to why this SampleGrabber error occurs? I'm not getting much feedback or support on this issue and right now DMC is worthless to me since I cannot convert any files.

The conversion does start and then two seconds later I get a 'unable to insert SampleGrabber' warning and the process is aborted.

The most current version of Direct-X is installed. I installed one codec pack:

Besides Adobe CS4 and the codecs it installed, I've installed the 'Vista Codec Package' (http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html) with the x64 Add-on.

What is the workaround for getting DMC to work on Vista x64? I've tried the suggestion of un-registering the dlls, but that didn't help and they are now registered again.

Try this:

I have looked through other listings on this forum and I didn't come across anything helpful, although a SampleGrabber issue is brought up regarding Real Media files using Windows XP.

The last comment I have is that I am using the same version of this DMC software with the same Vista Codec Package (and Adobe codecs) installed on Vista Ultimate but on a 32-bit system and everything works fine ... are there known issues with DMC on 64-bit systems ... I'd like to know why this application doesn't work.

Comment

Working...

]]>