title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cannot check Ultra Secure

Cannot check Ultra Secure

I downloaded the trial version and was impressed with the programme so I have purchased the power pack. When I first used the trial version, I followed the set up guide for configuring secure ripping. I did the test for C2 error pointers and my drive supported this function. I was able to check the Ultra Secure box.

Now with my new registered version, I am unable to check the box nor can I check Detect C2 Support. Am I missing something?
    Thanks

Re: Cannot check Ultra Secure

I have just realised why. Power Pack does not support C2. Is it worth upgrading to get this feature? I intend to rip my entire CD collection.

http://dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm
    Well, Reference not only gives you Ultra-Secure, but multiple ripping profiles and mulit-core CD ripping. Also, when doing converting, you get Dynamic Naming.

Ok thanks. I still don't understand what Ultra-Secure does and if it is worth it to me. Same appiles to multi-cpu encoding. I'll do some research.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Definitely worth the money. Ultra-secure ripping will do everything it possibly can to get the data off your disc exactly as it appears on the disc - especially useful (though never 100% foolproof) if you've got damaged discs.

Multi-core support is a boon if you're ripping a lot of stuff - simply put it means one track is ripping whilst the previous track is being encoded to your choice of codec.

Talking of which - if you're ripping your whole collection, do it in a lossless format - flac, apple lossless or wma pro.

I have a dual core processor so that should speed it up. I am using Flac already. Batch convertor will be useful too. I think I will upgrade then. Thanks for the advice

dBpoweramp Guru

I think Spoon would have saved himself a lot of questions here, had there been a better FAQ.