title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting MP3 To Compressed Wav

Converting MP3 To Compressed Wav

Ok I have been using this program for the longest and I love it , its the best yet . I use it to convert Mp3 to compressed wav and or to take a compressed wav and convert to a MP3. All of a sudden ive started getting this error message while converting MP3 to wav (wav to Mp3 still works for now lol ). The codec required to compress could file name could not be opened. It will not let me compress any of my mp3's ?? any clue why all of a sudden this would happen, best of my knowledge i have changed nothing on my computer, I am running windows xp home version.
    please let me know if you need any further information

thanks

Laurie

Administrator
    Try pressing 'Change Settings' for the Wave options.

Unhappy still not working now have no mpeg 3 layer option

ok i tried playing around with the settings and I hit cd quality , now I cant even get mpeg 3layer to come up as an option. what do I do now, Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and its not changing anything . i usually compress to mpeg-3layer 32kbits

please let me know what else i can try .. thanks

Laurie

Administrator
    You are missing l3codec.acm, try installing WMA v9 system files, I think it is in there.

Unhappy Still no luck

ok Ive installed the wma codec and I have restarted my computer. when i try to go to convert I get 4 options now wave, mp3 lame , mp3 Blade & windows media audio 9, but when i click on wav, still no mpeg 3 layer option. and it shows cd quality on the main convert screen and when i click on change format it will not allow me to get rid of cd quality, when i try and pull up my saved settings for my wav compression its telling me its unavailable. I do have the codec you mentioned in my windows sytem32 file, please help this is driving me nuts and I dont know what else to do ??:cry:

Thanks again

Laurie

Administrator
    Find someone with the same Windows version and ask for their file, the one with WMA must be decode only.

Unhappy same problem

can you please be more specific, what exactly am i supposed to be doing with this file? I have it in my windows system directory ,where else is it supposed to be. I have a windows xp disc would it be on there . If so please tell me where to put it. and how could it have disappeared, the program has been working for me for a LONG time , then all of a sudden it wont work anymore, then the mpeg codec disappears, why would this happen , if its something i may have done please let me know so that I can make sure this doesnt happen again .

thanks
    laurie

Administrator
    I know there are two versions of this file, but I am not 100% sure where it comes from, if you drop me an email I will send you mine which works fine. dbpoweramp@dbpoweramp.com

Re: same problem

Laurie, Did you ever get your dbpower amp to =work properly? I have the exact same problem...I can not find the codec i need this is driving me crazy . Like you I have used this since it was called the shuffler.

Re: Converting MP3 To Compressed Wav

Just a thought. There is a Windows Media Player 9 (works with 10 too) codec installer. you can find it at the windows update catalog site

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...en/default.asp

I downloaded it myself it is about 824 kb in size. My understanding is that it installs a bunch of codecs so that you will not have to let WMP go online and find codecs on an "as needed basis". It may contain some useful codec I dont know. Let me give you the file name since they did not give this the traditional 8 digit update number.

it is: wm9codecs.exe and it is 824 kb.

the thing i don't know...what has wma got to do with it anyway? I am missing something, but I am giving something, perhaps the harbinger of knowlege will clear things up.

- Grrrrr8

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    I know there are two versions of this file, but I am not 100% sure where it comes from, if you drop me an email I will send you mine which works fine. dbpoweramp@dbpoweramp.com
    I'm having the same problem....no mpeg Layer 3 shows up as an option for Wave compression. I tried the LameACM install which did not bring it back. Also installed the latest version of dBpower amp, but that didn't work either. What to do??? What to do???

---Mike

Administrator

Lame acm should be independant of dbpoweramp, try sound recorder as save as to select its compression.

Spoon,

I appreciate your trying to help me. Unfortunately I have no Sound Recorder option either. I am really stumped here. Any other suggestiions? Please!

Mike

Administrator

It comes with windows - Start >> Programs >> Accessories

Great! I found it..... Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> Sound Recorder
    But that doesn't give me the mpeg layer 3 option either. Can it be added somehow? I just want to compress my wave files so that they're small enough to attach to email?

Thanks,

Mike