title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting MP3 To Compressed Wav

Re: Converting MP3 To Compressed Wav

Why not just make them regular mp3 files? Or WMA files?

dBpoweramp Guru

If you want to make a compressed WAV file in mp3 form, you need to install the LameACM codec, which you said you installed but with no avail. Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Furthermore, when you want to create a compressed WAV file with mp3, just select the option button for Compressed wav, hit the button and select from the drop-down list of available codecs. One of them should read Lame MP3. Then you choose from the list at the right for bitrates and frequency rates... That should do it.

Hey all.

After searching the web for days, I have found a site which offers a download for mpeg.exe for sound recorder. This adds the mpeg layer 3 option to the Windows sound recorder. Magically, now when I open dBpowerAMP, the mpeg layer 3 is there. Wooo-Hooo!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought I'd share this information. I know a lot of us have had this problem.

The site is http://www.mimes.com/tutors/wavs/sndrec32.html.
    Go there and you will see the download link for mpeg.exe.

Okay. I've got some converting to do.

--Mike

Just one other thing....
    In order to get it to work, I had to uninstall dBpowerAMP and then reinstall it. It's definitely working though. I just converted 88 mp3's to wave. Wooo-Hooo!

I am having the same problems on my computer and do not understand what happened as the only thing I changed was to download wmp 10 on here and the converter will not work worth a darn and I have not been able to get the help I need from anyplace and it is driving me nuts Sandy D
    If anyone wants to try to help you can email me at konajill2@gmail.com and I sure would appreciate it a lot

Which same problems Konajil? Many problems have been described here and many solutions.

What is happening to your system and what did you try to fix it?

Start by explaining the problems and the configuration you have.

BTW, there's no email support, you'll have to visit the forum.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast gameplaya15143's Avatar

wmp10 comes with a new version of l3codecp.acm.. BUT it doesn't register it in the registry!

all you have to do is add the key. (first make sure you have windows/system32/l3codecp.acm)

open regedit (start, run, "regedit")
    navigate your way by my shorthand clues ...
    local machine, software, microsoft, windows nt, current version, drivers32

then right click someplace in the frame on the right.. create new string value
    string value = "msacm.l3acm
    then double click that... and set the value to "l3codecp.acm"

mpeg layer3 will now be available in all programs that can use wave compressors

Okies, I am new here, but I have been reading this thread and pulling my hair out at the same time lol. I also cannot find the MPEG3 option in the "compressed" (change format) dropdown box of the Wave conversion in DBpowerAmp anymore.

I have been using DBpowerAmp version r10 for a long time, but recently bought a new computer with windows 7 operating system. Since reinstalling DBPowerAmp r10 on my new computer I cannot find the MPEG3 option anymore. Where did it go? I am guessing from the posts I have seen in this thread it is a missing codec issue, however, after following advice from Spoon, in addition to checking the Codec central, I have no idea what Codec I am looking for. lol. I cannot seem to find it in Codec Central.

The reason I prefer the MPEG3 "Compressed" Wave format option is because I use an email program called Incredimail which allows you to import wave files into Incredimail as well as imbed wave files into an outgoing email for listening pleasure. The MPEG3 "compressed" wave option allows for the file to be compressed to a moderately small size which is very nice for use in outgoing emails. If you currently have the codec I need available in Codec central or if anyone knows the exact name of the codec which will give me back the MPEG3 Wave option under the "Compressed" dropdown box, I would appreciate any and all help you may be able to offer very much.

On a final note, if there is another setting currently available in the DBPowerAmp that will compress a wave file to the small size that the "Compressed" MPEG3 use to ... I would sure love to know what that setting is if I cannot get the MPEG3 option back lol

Thanks
    Catnbout

You should find all the legacy codecs here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy/cod...ral-legacy.htm

Thank you very much for your response and help ChristinaS That is the Codec central site I was browsing around on earlier, but there are so many codecs there, I have no idea what the name of the one I need is called. lol.

I see only one codec on the site which may have something to do with MPEG3, but again ... I am not sure if that is the one I need :(

Under Popular Codecs, there is one called:
    m4a
    (and then something about Newest mpeg standard (AAC LC, AAC HE, AAC HE v2 .... etc)

but I do not know if that is the codec which will give me back the MPEG3 Compressed Wave option ...

On the site you linked me, do you possibly know what the name of the codec is I need?

When it comes to Codecs I am definitely not overly knowledgable. lol

Thanks again for help

Found the solution myself. I downloaded and installed the newest K-Lite Mega codec pack and the MPEG Layer-3 option is once again available in DBpowerAmp's .wav (wave) compressed feature

Probably have more codecs than I need now, lol, but at least the options there again.

Thanks
    Catnbout