title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playing a burned CD i my Acura Tl

Playing a burned CD i my Acura Tl

I'm completely bald from pulling my hair out over this. Ever single time I burn a audio disk to play in my acura tl, there's a womans voice that comes across every 15 seconds that says "audio viideo demo" I'm sure it's my fault from downloading a program that I thought would burn disks for my car. Im using my stock Dell Desktop for this. The head unit in my car is a Kenwod KDC-MP242. If that makes a difference, but it did the same on my stock unit also.

Administrator

Re: Playing a burned CD i my Acura Tl

If you play the disc in another player there is not this voice?

What software did you use to burn the CD?

The disk still has the lady, for lack of a better term, selling their product. I should note she says "audio media demo" not what i first explained. my bad

I have windows media 11 i believe. And ofcourse, dbpower cd writer. Now the other problem i have is if I try and burn with cd writer my drive won't burn onto the cd-r disks i have

What disk? Have you tried playing this disk on a different cd player

Have you tried playing a commercial audio cd in your Acura Tl. It looks like your player supports audio cd and CDROMs with mp3/wma files on them.

What error message do you get when you try in burn to a cd-r?

it's onl;y when i burn a disk from my desktop. I'm using sony cd-r. it's because that make and year of car has a 7.1 surround sound system plus some other goodies that make it more difficult to be technologicly up to date with out going through them. im gonna go buy dvd-a disks and see if that works

I would advise against trying the dvd a discs unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain that your auto's cd player can read them. I have not kept up with these items since I got an auto cd/mp3 player installed some years ago. However, cd's and dvd's format disks differently and just as you would not expect to play a dvd on your stereo system's cd player I would not expect to be able to listen to audio tracks burned on a dvd disk (even if they are burned in mp3 format).

I would urge you to follow Wayne's suggestions to see if the disk performs the same way on some other cd player and to see wherther you get a similar problem wwith a standard commercial cd. This should help localize whether the issue is with the disc or the player.

Best wishes,
    Bill