title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: no gap between mp3 track rips with dbpoweramp

Exclamation achieve no annoying gap between mp3 track rips with dbpoweramp

:(How do I eliminate the annoying gap that sometimes occurs when one rips music from cd's that have no distinct track seperation (like on the Beatles Abbey Road For instance). I sometimes get an artifical gap between the tracks on playback from ripped files before the next track starts.

How can I eliminate or even shorten the time gap so that the rip plays seamless exactly like on the cd?
    Last edited by bastet; 09-11-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: precision

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: no gap between mp3 track rips with dbpoweramp

LAME rips are gapless. You don't need to do anything special. Abbey Road plays as intended. Of course all this assumes your PLAYER deals with gapless ok.

ah so! thanks GARYM :smile2:. So it's the PC player that I am ripping with ( a Pioneer DVD RW DVR 108) , can I alter the settings or what to prevent the gaps?

Administrator

It is not the DVD drive, it is not the ripping software (every CD Ripper will rip gapless if the album is gapless). Mp3 does have gaps, which certain audio players can remove if they can identify the audio encoder (such as lame).

dBpoweramp Guru

what player are you using?

what lame settings are you using?

Smile Re: no gap between mp3 track rips with dbpoweramp

Thank you for your support :smile2:

I rip with dbpoweramp Bitrate (CBR) with 320kbps

my mp3 player is a Creative MuVo v 100

maybe I am not using the right settings with dbpoweramp.
    It does not happen automatically.

I just can't figure it out
    Last edited by bastet; 09-19-2009 at 01:20 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bastet View Post
    ah so! thanks GARYM :smile2:. So it's the PC player that I am ripping with ( a Pioneer DVD RW DVR 108) , can I alter the settings or what to prevent the gaps?
    No, it is not the PC player, it is the MP3 player that must play gapless. Even though your LAME files are capable of gapless, the MP3 Player itself must also use this information. There are some players that do and some that don't. I don't know about your player in particular. So it is NOT dbpoweramp settings ,etc. You should try to do some searching to see if anyone can confirm that your player does or does not deal with gapless.

Question Re: no gap between mp3 track rips with dbpoweramp

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    No, it is not the PC player, it is the MP3 player that must play gapless. Even though your LAME files are capable of gapless, the MP3 Player itself must also use this information. There are some players that do and some that don't. I don't know about your player in particular. So it is NOT dbpoweramp settings ,etc. You should try to do some searching to see if anyone can confirm that your player does or does not deal with gapless.
    Can I fill in a zero second command between tracks with Lame when ripping ? :headbang:

With the effect that two or more tracks blend in together seamlessly?
    Last edited by bastet; 09-19-2009 at 02:17 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm afraid you are attacking the problem from the wrong side. I'm convinced that your problem has NOTHING to do with ripping or converting or LAME settings. If your MP3 PLAYER won't recognize the gapless info that is AUTOMATICALLY in your LAME encoded mp3 files, you will NOT get gapless. Again, are you sure that your player will deal with gapless correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I'm afraid you are attacking the problem from the wrong side. ...... Again, are you sure that your player will deal with gapless correctly?

First of all thank you garym for your patience. As you have noticed I am a novice to this subject.
    No garym I am not sure about the Creative player. And I really failed to think that it could be the problem.
    I will now see if I can get assistance; ....hmmmm...however now with your information, and as I have just last week bought a iRiver E100 ( I have not had the time to unpack it) , maybe just maybe it will not manifest itself with it.

Here is just one of several reviews of the Creative Muvo which state it does not support gapless play:

http://thegeekmachine.wordpress.com/...00-mp3-player/

The cons:

* Doesn’t support gapless play
    -drjenkins

Quote Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
    Here is just one of several reviews of the Creative Muvo which state it does not support gapless play:

http://thegeekmachine.wordpress.com/...00-mp3-player/

-drjenkins
    It is evidently the source of my problem
    thank you drjenkins. I have learnt a lot from you people here, and thank you all.

So does the iRiver E-100 support gapless ? :thumbdown
    Nope!, I have been checking out and it does not!:thumbdown

So I bought the wrong player :vmad:

But I wanted a player with flac capability

After surfing the matter and delving into the tech specs,reading reviews etc.
    I note that as far as I can tell, that the Trekstor Vibez is maybe the only player available that supports flac and that has gapless

What do you people say? Any views or advice on other players?

I think I will return the iRiver E100 and get the Trekstor Vibez instead :smile2: