title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Importing extracted DVD audio files to Ripnas

Importing extracted DVD audio files to Ripnas

This may be not strictly relevant to Ripnas as such, but how do I get files onto WHS in Ripnas that aren't ripped directly? In particular, I am experimenting in extracting audio from DVD's as Flac files. I have tried dragging extracted files to WHS music files in Ripnas to play on my Transporter, but this doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Paul

Administrator

Re: Importing extracted DVD audio files to Ripnas

Copy to the \\ripnas\music

folder

Thanks Spoon. Problem is my laptop OS is Vista and I have tried dragging the file to the music files on WHS which it won't allow. Also, with Vista there is only "send to" and the only options it gives me are: compressed folder,desktop, documents, mail recipient or DVD RW drive.

Am I doing something wrong? BTW, I have WHS open through Remote Desktop Connection.

Paul

Administrator

When accessing the network share you had to supply a user name and password, the administrator user name and password (such on the bottom of RipNAS) would allow write access to that folder.

Hi Spoon, finally worked it out. i always access WHS via Remote Desktop as the icon tray for WHS Console never seems to work (as I posted sometime ago). I was trying to write to my music files this way as I had opened the WHS Console using my user name and password (but via Remote Desktop), but it didn't like it.

I have just right clicked on the tray icon (WHS) and gone in through 'shared folders' - re-entering my user name and password.

It is beyond my level of competence to know why my first method didn't work. However, we got there in the end.

Paul