title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems importing registry

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moley6knipe
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Problems importing registry

Hi Spoon, got a problem importing registry settings.

I've just changed computers, old one ran 13.2, new one running 13.3.

First I exported the dBpoweramp bit of the registry from the old computer.
    Then I installed 13.3, multi-enc, replaygain and m4a codecs on new computer.
    Then I backed up the 'clean install' dBpowerap registry from the new computer.
    Then I imported the old dBpowerap registry from the old computer.

All of my ripping profiles and settings are fine, except that most of my settings under "Options > MetaData & ID Tags > Write ID tags" have gone, and been replaced by what I think is the default for this section.

I've still got both registry files if you want to have a look for yourself? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems importing registry

These options are stored in the registry amongst all the other settings, so I do not know why they would be missing?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

It looks like the "Write ID Tags" setting is stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles\(default) in a REG_SZ value called WriteTagElements. What value do your .reg files show for this?

Comment

• moley6knipe
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

I'll have a look. I've since manually entered these options for each of my ripping profiles, but I'm quite happy to delete Illustrate from my registry and try the above process again to see if the fault's reproducible.

When I exported the registry from my old machine, I exported from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\ - I didn't see any option for something like "include sub-folders" or whatever they're called in a registry!

Pardon my ignorance, but can I examine the contents of my old .reg file exports without loading them into the registry again? Open them in Notepad or something?

Comment

• moley6knipe
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2008

both old and new computers running WinXP service pack 3 with all updates, by the way.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Yes, you can open them in notepad. And telling it to export a key should export all the subkeys.

Comment

Working...

]]>