title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air UPnP (control Airport Express as UPnP devices)

Administrator

Re: Air UPnP (control Airport Express as UPnP devices)

Currently only one AE is supported from one computer, this relates to an issue in dBpoweramp Renaissance

Hi,

I'm testing the AirPnP very intensiv at different computer (windows XP, 2003 and W7). All the same problem. It runs fine for around 20 minutes, then there came some little breaks. After 30 minutes the AE stops completly playback. Sometimes I must restart the AE, some it's ok to connect and start the stream with the controller.
    Has anyone the same problems or could it a hardware error of the AE?

Ralf

Question Re: Air UPnP (control Airport Express as UPnP devices)

I are running into some difficulties that I hope that any of you are able to assist me with.

When I try to send music to air upnp via J river, the air upnp disconnects after a couple of seconds. I have a Netgear 3700 router and I was thinking that I might have to open a port on the router? Have any of you encounter the same type of problem? I have also tried to use the PlugPlayer and NAS with the same problem.

Kind regards,
    Christian

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm having trouble getting AirUPnP working on Windows Home Server - I have installed it, and the service is running, but Asset Control cannot find my Airport Express. I previously used AirUPnP on Windows Vista and it ran fine.

I tried running Airport-UPnP-Starter.exe manually on the Home Server and it gave an 'Entry Point Not Found' error with the following message:

'The procedure entry point DNSServiceGetProperty could not be located in the dynamic link library dnssd.dll'

Could this be the source of the problem, or is Airport-UPnP-Starter.exe of no consequence?

Administrator

DNSServiceGetProperty is part of Apple Bonjour which should be installed also.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ah, I thought I saw the AirUPnP installer install Bonjour itself, and indeed the Bonjour service existed in the list of Services and was running. Anyway, after installing Bonjour separately (actually Bonjour Print Services...), it works fine now, thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Anyone else come across these messages in the Event Viewer logs? (see below: 'DNSServiceResolve active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network')

After installing Bonjour, Asset and AirUPnP on my Windows Home Server I am seeing it every couple of minutes. If I stop the AirUPnP service, the messages stop.

Code:
    Event Type:	Error
    Event Source:	Bonjour Service
    Event Category:	None
    Event ID:	100
    Date:		27/04/2010
    Time:		18:54:13
    User:		N/A
    Computer:	SERVER
    Description:
    Client application bug: DNSServiceResolve(AirPort\032Express\032(Office)._airport._tcp.local.) active for over two minutes. This places considerable burden on the network.

Administrator

I have never come across this before, makes you wonder what is generating the error, Mircosoft of Apple?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I know, I've no idea, although I get the impression DNSServiceResolve is part of Bonjour. I tried searching for more about it, but all I could find was stuff for OS X developers. Obviously, I don't get the errors when my AirPort Express is off either.

Administrator

Updated

To allow multiple upnp airports from the same computer.

what about a password protected airport express? how can i set the password for connecting to this aex? or is this not possible at the moment?

Administrator

Sorry not possible.

is this a planned feature or not?

Hey,

as the AppleTV also can run as an airtunes speaker can it be controlled just like an airport express?

Dave

Administrator

You would have to try, I have not tested.