title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

IDTag problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shirrif
    • Sep 2009

IDTag problem?

Hi,
    I have dbp reference 13.3, but issue existed with plain 13.3 as well.
    I translate my (flac) files with DMCFileSelector to mp3. I have set tags to be "ID3v1 & ID3v2" with DBP Configuration Codec Advanced. After translation Foobar2000 claims tags to be apec2/idev3 and tags are indeed (e.g. title) cut short. Everything worked fluently with my old PC with windows XP (now Vista). Any help?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: IDTag problem?

Change the user account to Administrator, change the settings to ID3v1 and ID3v2, then change back to limited user.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shirrif
      • Sep 2009

Hi,

A good advice, but it does change setting for Administrator only (not for limited user). I tested that by creating folder which was open for both user groups and created flac-file for testing purposes and then changed idtag parameters identically in both settings. Administrator is now ok, but limited as previously (No ID3v2 tags)

shirrif

Originally posted by Spoon
      Change the user account to Administrator, change the settings to ID3v1 and ID3v2, then change back to limited user.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have to change the account type, not log into a different account (the reason being is the configuration is elevated to administrator rights as it needs those to put the Convert To on the right click, if the account is not an administrator rights account then the other account is used).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shirrif
          • Sep 2009

Thank You!
          Sorted the issue nicely.

Comment

Working...

]]>