title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP on Bravia TV setup problem

Asset UPnP on Bravia TV setup problem

Hi

I am trying to get Asset UPnP (current beta version) to work from a Vista PC to a Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 TV that is dlna certified.

Before I installed Asset I could see and play my music files over the network on the TV and browse what looks like the Windows Media Player library, playlist etc. With Asset installed it is showing up under Network in Vista as a media device as is my PC/user name as a second media device. In Windows Media Player library Asset shows up on the left under Library with a small networked PC icon.

When I look for Assets on the TV it is missing but the network diagnostics on the TV finds it with ip no., port no.etc. but with the problem "Compatible files could not be found" and will not list it to browse. The TV is seeing it OK but can find no files. Asset is pointing at the same folder as Media Player library. Have I missed something in the setup or has anyone used it on a Sony TV before?

Sorry for being long-winded..

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP on Bravia TV setup problem

Try v2 of Asset (in the beta section of this forum)

Yes I have that version running - version: release 2 (beta)

I've just received my RipNAS and am also trying to use my Sony Bravia 40Z4500 with Asset (Release 2) without success. The devices are joined via hard-wired ethernet and both are pingable from my laptop.

If I go into 'Server Display Settings' in the TV setup area I get:

Servers cannot be recognised.
    Please check the connections,
    press OPTIONS key and select "Update List".

Going into "Update List" as suggested produces the same message.

Using the 'Server Diagnostics' on the TV I get:

Asset UPnP: RIPNAS Failed

If I turn on Media Library Sharing on the RipNAS I also get:

RIPNAS: 1 : Windows Media Connect Failed

The 'RIPNAS' part of the diagnostics indicates the TV is able to see the RipNAS.

Any hints on how to further diagnose this problem? (If it helps running any diagnostics etc., my laptop is running Ubuntu 9.04).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrd View Post
    I've just received my RipNAS and am also trying to use my Sony Bravia 40Z4500 with Asset (Release 2) without success.
    As a reference point, the Bravia works with DLNA from my Ubuntu laptop using minidlna:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/

Administrator

There will be an update for Asset v3 (in the beta section of our forum) next week which passes all the DLNA compliance tests. It might help.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrd View Post
    Using the 'Server Diagnostics' on the TV I get:

Asset UPnP: RIPNAS Failed
    As a further note: I found that I can click on this 'Failed' line and get some more info:

-----
    Compatible files could not be found.

Server Asset UPnP: RIPNAS
    UDN uuid:1006065e5-<<<more>>>
    IP Address 192.168.<<<more>>
    MAC Address 00:1c:<<<more>>>
    TCP Port 26125
    -----

This is with Asset configured to use a test directory containing a single mp3 file.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There will be an update for Asset v3 (in the beta section of our forum) next week which passes all the DLNA compliance tests. It might help.
    I downloaded Asset v3 BETA today to test this but unfortunately with no success.

Administrator

The sony might be going in through a search into UPnP, try enabling the debug option in Asset Configuration, let the sony try to connect then see if the log can show anything.

Nothing in the log at all I'm afraid.

Administrator

The log was totally empty?

Yup. Size zero.

....hmmm, that's odd. If I turn off the 'Output Debug Log' flag, and after Asset restarts itself, the debug log has:

Triggering Database Rescan (MediaFoldersWatch.txt changed)

Turning on the flag again, the log size goes back to zero.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500. Yesterday I tried it with Asset v2.1 Release and the latest v3 Beta both running on Windows XP SP3. And in both cases I experienced exactly the same problem as the OP did. I see this thread has been dead for sometime, so I wonder if there is any other news?

Administrator

It seems to be that Sony TV which is having trouble detecting it, the Sony PS3 has no such problem.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It seems to be that Sony TV which is having trouble detecting it, the Sony PS3 has no such problem.
    I think that the Discovery part of the UPnP process is working, since the Sony TV does seem to discover your server. So my guess is that when the Sony tries to download your UPnP/DLNA Device Description Document or SCPD, it is detecting a syntax error in your XML payload (or maybe in the HTTP headers)...

In a day or two, I will install a network sniffer, and send you some captures of what your server is sending vs. what other servers are sending. So that you can perhaps determine the missing syntax element...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewFG View Post
    I will install a network sniffer, and send you some captures of what your server is sending vs. what other servers are sending. So that you can perhaps determine the missing syntax element...
    Ok. Here are the first few bugs that I found so far in Asset:

1) Asset is not responding to valid UPnP M-SEARCH requests. This means that the official UPnP certification test tool cannot even find Asset so the tool cannot even start the test suite on it...

2) In Asset's device descriptor document there are at least three syntax errors:
    - in <iconList> it is providing references to two <mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype> icons, but in both cases the actual icons that it delivers are BMPs
    - the <eventSubURL> ends in event.xml; but this is a url for HTTP POST so properly this should not be a file name
    - ditto for the the <controlURL> ...