title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No CD Writers Found

No CD Writers Found

I have an internal CD/DVD writer, but dbpoweramp CD writer cannot access it. When I try to burn a CD, it says "Unable to Access Selected CD Writer." My operating system is Windows Vista64 bit.
    Last edited by beetle; 09-02-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Administrator

Re: No CD Writers Found

Very little we can offer if the drive is not detected.

i am having the same problem. brand new HP HDX18 with vista64 and a hp BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device as my burner. any ideas why this program will not recognize this drive. all other programs i have tried recognize it.

thanks jeff

Are you kidding me? That's pathetic. My drive is two years old. You're charging people for this, that's no kind of answer. "Very little you can do.." but take our money. Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Very little we can offer if the drive is not detected.

Administrator

CD Writer is offered as a 'freebe', for those who have Reference. We make no implied guarantees for its suitability.

Pioneer DVR 215D not detected. It's a pretty new drive. Windows 7 32 bit.

Doesnt seem like a very well designed piece of software if it's rendered useless because modern drives are not detected! Pity because other than this very terminal problem it seems to work nicely...

Thumbs down Re: No CD Writers Found

I have a brand new computer too and the cd writer was not recognized. I'd suggest that the cd writer should not be offered since it is too buggy. I spent several hours messing with it. What a waste of time! :vmad: Better to not offer it at all. It will hurt the companies rep. because it will be discussed on various audio forums.

dBpoweramp Guru

It will show on other forums. I've posted some myself trying
    to find a solution............. no luck yet.

savagcl

I had the same problem after loading my dBpoweramp on my Windows 7 machine. Try running the CD writer in compatibility mode / XP.

That worked for me.

Question Re: No CD Writers Found

Hi, everyone!

I, too, am having a problem with getting CD Writer to find the drive. I have Windows 7 and set up the program for compatability to Windows XP, but still no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Yeah - worked fine for over 200+ rips, then suddenly no drives found after making some changes to the rip options.

Running in Windows XP Compatibility mode worked for me.

Palo Alto, California, USA, Earth, Milky Way, The United Federation Of Planets

I found that running the program in Windows Vista Service pack 2 compatibility mode works for me .... in case you don't know how to do this: Right click on the CD writer application....go to properties go to compatibility tab, tick "run this in program in compatability mode for:" then choose Windows Vista (Service Pack2)

Vista SP-2 compatibility mode worked for me too on Windows 7...

I have Windows 7 and I have tried changing the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3 and it still says "No CD Writer found". I can't believe that anyone that bought this software is out of luck if they have a new computer. What am I and so many other people doing wrong...if we are not doing something wrong, then why are so many people unable to get the CD Writer found?! The software is a joke and I have been ripped off, like so many others on this forum.

Administrator