title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No CD Writers Found

Re: No CD Writers Found

I found out the problem. Anyway I think so. It is most probably the Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) which defines the operation of your SATA CD\DVD. SATA/AHCI adapter is not detected by your hardware. You can go in your bios and disable the AHCI. (you might also have to change the value in the registry, see microsoft to know how. The key value is 0 for enabling and 3 for disable).

C

thanks Berucha, wish I had a MAC than I wouldn't have to hassle with something I have no idea how to do!

And yes, I paid for this software upon a recommendation....guess they had an old PC, as this worked fine on a Vista machine.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thanks for the update Spoon. CD Writer 3.2 working in Windows 7 now with no problems.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by lwood View Post
    thanks Berucha, wish I had a MAC than I wouldn't have to hassle with something I have no idea how to do!

And yes, I paid for this software upon a recommendation....guess they had an old PC, as this worked fine on a Vista machine.
    I am running W7 64 on bootcamp on a macbookpro, and I have this problem running v4 of cdwriter. This issue also affects the C2 error correction of dbPoweramp, and I find it very poor that there is not even an investigation into why this is happening on a paid for application.

Administrator

CD Writer has been released as free for the last 2 years, it is effectively unsupported as the company who wrote the internals are no longer around.

This issue is nothing to do with CD Ripper.