title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate Rip Test #3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Accurate Rip Test #3

Accurate Rip Test #3 is now released on www.accuraterip.com

It features 780 Key discs! and an offset detection routine that should be immune to different pressings. There is more...the startings of the 'CD Drive Offset Database' is now on www.accuraterip.com - I expect this to fill up very quickly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • vinnie97

Well, I found that I had about 4 - 5 of the discs listed in the new database. Still, Accuraterip recognizes none of them (I discover this by selecting Options -> AccurateripResults). Any clues as to what might be amiss?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You have installed the database to the same place as dMC?

They probabbly are different versions of the discs.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dbample
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2002

I had 10-12 disks, but only one was recognised - Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon. I wonder if the majority of key disks are English versions or at least not ones made in North America? My only recognised disk says "made in Canada" by the way.. but is Capitol /EMI.

However, since my CDROM drive is not in the database, I need TWO key CDs :headbang:

Spoon, can you post the list of new key disks in a separate file or at least mark the new key disks somehow? It will be inconvenient to browse through 500+CDs to check which are new additions..

Can anyone in North America get these key disks recognised (I am looking for a pattern if there's any)

Cheers,
        KZ

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I will see what I can do for the next update.

I know one guy from Canada make quite a few submissions.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vinnie97

I too am in North America, and yes, Spoon, your installer auto-found the correct directory where I did install it. I guess most of the people populating the database are from Europe. I have some UK imports but none have showed up yet.

Comment

• dbample
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2002

I found from a friend today another key disk that is recognised: Rolling Stones' "Forty licks" CD1 (stil waiting for CD2 to repeat the process and see what happens).

However, it gave a different offset (+733 samples) than the Pink Floyd CD (+264 samples) so my CDROM drive is still unconfigured.

Does this mean that the Rolling Stones CD is from a different pressing with a different offset, although having the same ID number as in the database adn the program could not account for that?

Or is it that my CDROM drive is screwed - it is a MITSUMI CR-48X9TE, less than a year old. Is it really possible for a CDROM drive to have its offset fluctuating randomly (if the CDROM drive is the culprit)?

Cheers,
              KZ

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

They will be different pressings, a different pressing is not identifable from anything except it is a few samples shifted. Not very good for offset detection, hence the need for two key discs. Once you find your offset, others with your drive will just need one correct keydisc.

Your CD drive is fine if it comes back with an offest value, there are CD drives that return fluctuating offsets, but that would be for each track and a final value would not be returned.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

What happened to accuraterip.com ? I tried to go there and all I get is your Administrator login page.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

That server was hacked, so I had to fresh wipe it. It is back up now.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Erunama
                      • Feb 2003

Well, I tried to use AccurateRip, but I didn't have any luck finding a key disc. I put in about 6 or 7 CDs that were on the list, but it never offered to find the offset. Must be different pressings, but I could have sworn that one would have been the same.

Comment

• Unregistered

When are you going to update the database? I would like to start using my other drive to rip cds, and I have to wait until my results are put up. When it is updated, I'll probably start ripping to both my computers.

Jordan

Comment

• Razgo
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

i think Spoon just needs a little breathing space at the moment. as he has to rebuild his shop front again since the site got wiped. as good as he is at multitasking i would wait a few days.

Comment

• dewey1973
                            • Apr 2003

Where did the beta file go? I can't seem to download it. Anyone have a copy of the installer they could point me to?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Now restored.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>