title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cd ripper freezes computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blitzkev
    • Jul 2009

cd ripper freezes computer

I'm at a loss for what's causing the problems:

I was running windows 7 RC and dbpoweramp fine, there were never any problems with the cd ripper. My motherboard died, (1 month out of warranty too but that's another story) and when I replaced it the cd ripper started acting weird. Every time I would put a CD in the computer would stutter, sound would turn off and the mouse would stop working. The computer monitor and keyboard would still react though so I could get around with shortcuts. 15-20 seconds later the computer would become responsive and the ripper would be ready to rip. It does this when getting metadata and every time a track is in the "ripping" stage. The computer is fine during encoding, and the encoder itself is fine. I tried re-installing the software, completely wiping all of the settings using the .exe someone made in another thread but it didn't help. A week or so ago I installed Windows 7 Pro, and dbpoweramp is still doing the same things. I'm at a loss for what to do, maybe there is a setting in the bios I could change?

Here are the computer specs:
    ASRock G43Twins-FullHD LGA 775 Intel G43 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
    4 sata drives - 250 gb WD, 320/500/1 TB seagate drives. Win7 is on the 250 in a 120gb partition.
    1 IDE dvd burner drive - SONY DRU-810A
    1 sata blu-ray drive - Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-202
    intel E8400
    4 gb ddr2 800 corsair (2x2gb)

my motherboard has the latest bios.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Blitzkev
    • Jul 2009

Re: cd ripper freezes computer

I've found that unmounting my blu-ray drive seems to fix the problem, but it was never like this before.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Perhaps when the MB died it took something else with it like the BR drive.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Blitzkev
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
        Perhaps when the MB died it took something else with it like the BR drive.
        That's a possibility, but the last mobo only had shorts in the ram slots. The BR drive works normally with every other program so I don't think it's faulty, rather I think it has something to do with the sata controller, the motherboard and how dbpoweramp uses them.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you put a cd in without dbpoweramp running and the mouse is jumping around / sound skipping then you have a serious DMA issue.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Blitzkev
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
            If you put a cd in without dbpoweramp running and the mouse is jumping around / sound skipping then you have a serious DMA issue.
            It's only when dbpoweramp is first starting up, "scanning" for the CDs in drives, or when it's in the actual "ripping" phase. The encoding part is flawless. It seems to want to "warm up" for 20 seconds or so before it starts ripping, and while it does this freezes windows.

Comment

Working...

]]>