title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

External MP3 players like for Cars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayi23
    • Feb 2007

External MP3 players like for Cars

I am not sure where to get the answer to this but I am a registered user of dbpower amp. I am curious as to why some forms of mp3's will not show up as text in my Ford CD MP3 player. I have even tried to re convert them using DBpowerAmp them but it doesn't help. The text will not show up in the card mp3 player. I am wondering what causes this? Anyone have any ideas? thanks
    Last edited by rayi23; 08-15-2009, 07:18 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: External MP3 players like for Cars

You might need to look at the technical limits of what mp3 files it can play. Of course, most players want 44.1KHz files, but some can only play CBR (constant bitrate), not VBR or ABR. Some cannot play files above or below a certain bitrate.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

In addition to what LtData has suggested (which, I believe would mostly apply to tracks that do not play), you might wish to make sure that the mp3 files burned to disk have tag information and that the tag information is appropriate in format to what your player is set up to read. Without tag information, the player may play the mp3 file but not be able to display information beyond the file's track number on the mp3 disc. It could be that your tag information might be in a different format than your car's CD player can recognize. You might be able to check your auto CD/mp3 player's user manual to see what types of tag information the player will display/recognize. Sometimes scratched discs or poor quality discs may fail to play or display properly even though the tracks are copied and tagged properly and it is mostly a matter of trying with a different and/or better quality disc.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• DazBYorks
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Feb 2008

Hi,

Regarding the formats mentioned above, the player may only read ID3 v1 tags and the files only have ID3 v2 tags. You may have to use such as mp3tag to 'fix' them.

Daz

Comment

• drjenkins
          • Feb 2006

I have a Ford Focus with the Blaupunkt CD/MP3 player. Partially through trial and error I found that the LCD displays:

1. The name of the folder (16 characters) containing the MP3. It displays "Main" if the file is in the root of the CD. It does not display the Album ID3 tag.

2. The Artist and Title (16 characters) from the ID3V1 tags.

If you put put the MP3s in a folder with the name of the Album, then you will see the Album name, Artist name and song Title displayed as long as they have ID3V1 tags.

If you have a different model player you may have to experiment a bit to find out what the tag limitations are.

-drjenkins

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Try going into dBpoweramp Music Converter (See "Need to find your version?" below in my signature) and go to the codecs tab, go to Advanced Options, and set your mp3 tagging to "ID3v2 & ID3v1) and see if that works any better.

Also, you may need to change the encoding from Unicode-16 to ANSI.

Comment

• rayi23
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LtData
              Try going into dBpoweramp Music Converter (See "Need to find your version?" below in my signature) and go to the codecs tab, go to Advanced Options, and set your mp3 tagging to "ID3v2 & ID3v1) and see if that works any better.

Also, you may need to change the encoding from Unicode-16 to ANSI.
              I kind of got away from this question but still I am having problems with some mp3's even after encoding them again. Why would changing from Unicode-16 to ANSI help? I haven't tried it yet. It is set to Unicode-16. MP3 tagging was already set to ID3v2 & ID3v1 by default. I like to say also that when I took the same set of mp3's and gave them to my father-in-law to play, he didn't have any problems. It's just this 2007 ford focus mp3 player. He has a Toyota. thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Not all mp3 readers can read unicode id tags.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rayi23
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                  How can I tell whether a particular mp3 is using unicode-16 or ANSI, since not all the songs have a problem?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Hold the mouse over the file, dBpoweramp pop info will show the tag type.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by rayi23
                      How can I tell whether a particular mp3 is using unicode-16 or ANSI, since not all the songs have a problem?
                      You can go into dbpa "batch converter", select your music files at the highest directory level (so they all show up), and in the "right side" panel window, right click on the column titles (album, artist, etc.), choose "extended properties" and then click on ID TAG. Now you'll have a column with the ID TAG info for each file and it will actually show something like "ID3V2.3 (UTF16)". You can sort on this field too, so you'll have all your non ANSI tag files in one group.

Comment

• rayi23
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                        Although, one thing I should make clear is that there isn't a problem when I convert mp3 using dBpower converter. If I digitize an album and use dBpower to convert the wave file to mp3, it works fine. I haven't notice where ansi or unicode makes any difference. There is something else going on that I just can't figure out. The only thing is that once the mp3 has problems playing in my car, using dBpower converter does not help. Even converting it to a wave file and converting it back to mp3 doesn't help either. I ended up using an audio capture tool to create a wave file and then use dBpower amp to create the mp3 and then it will play. Yet, this same mp3 has no problems playing in my Father-in-laws car who has a Toyota. It's just weird.

Comment

Working...

]]>