title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Will dBpowerAMP Rip Part of a Track?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dypsis
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2008

Will dBpowerAMP Rip Part of a Track?

I would like to know whether dBpowerAMP will enable you to select a start and finish position when ripping a track from a CD.

I find this useful when ripping a CD that has a hidden track. I am able to specify where I want the rip to start or finish, and therefore, remove the few minutes of silence.

I have previously used Audiograbber. It has a great feature where you can play the track, and click a start or finish position. But as Audiograbber is no longer being developed, I thought I should start looking for something else that will do the job.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Will dBpowerAMP Rip Part of a Track?

Yes click 'Rip as One'

Hidden first tracks will be automatically highlighted in CD Ripper, nothing more to do.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dypsis
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes click 'Rip as One'

Hidden first tracks will be automatically highlighted in CD Ripper, nothing more to do.
      Hidden tracks are usually at the end of an album.
      They are not really hidden. The second last track has a few minutes of silence.

Will this still work?

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Originally posted by dypsis

I find this useful when ripping a CD that has a hidden track. I am able to specify where I want the rip to start or finish, and therefore, remove the few minutes of silence.
        Use the remove silence DSP for this. You can select a min amount of silence to look for, and if over your min lvl the DSP will cut out the silence and create a new track for the hidden track.

Comment

• dypsis
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2008

Thanks for that guys. :komisch9: :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>