title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DSP ID Tag Processing (remap) problem

DSP ID Tag Processing (remap) problem

Hi,

I'm using dMC reference 13.2 on XP SP3.

I faced a problem with Music Converter's ID Tag Processing DSP. My goal was to remap Artist --> Featuring. The conversion went fine otherwise but all semicolons ';' were renamed to '{CR}'.

Is this a bug?

Question no.2: can I be certain that using dMC's Music Converter to convert FLAC to FLAC (for example in this remapping case) I'm not losing any audio data? Is it bit-per-bit even though it does seem to perform a conversion process for no reason?

Question no.3: Can you suggest any software that would allow very extensive vorbis comment (FLAC) metadata editing, especially remapping of vorbis comment metadata. I've tried Tag&Rename and while you can copy field value to another field, it's lacking in custom vorbis comment processing/editing.

Re: DSP ID Tag Processing (remap) problem

Concerning question 3. In the freeware mp3tag it's possible to add custom fields.
    Some reading is necessary.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: DSP ID Tag Processing (remap) problem

Have a look at e.g. http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=9747

Details a solution for changing e.g. ARTIST=Artist1; Artist2 etc to TITLE=Title [Feat. Artist2]. The folks over there helped me with a custom action that lets me rip everything to apple lossless with ; seperated artist tags, and rearrange those on my mp3 versions so that they displayed properly on the iPod. Not exactly applicable, but a starting point.