title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

View Poll Results: EAC vs dBpoweramp 13.3

Voters
132. This poll is closed
  • EAC

48 36.36%
  • dBpoweramp 13.3

84 63.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EAC vs dBpoweramp 13.3

Unhappy EAC vs dBpoweramp 13.3

I am unable to know which one to use EAC or dBpoweramp 13.3 while ripping as both produce nearly same files.

Then why do most people stick to EAC when dBpoweramp can do the same

Is it that the quality of output file made using EAC is slightly better or what?

Please let me know then what is the difference that people say it is the world's best ripper although i find dBpoweramp much better

Which ripper is the best according to u?

Administrator

Re: EAC vs dBpoweramp 13.3

You would be best to ask on a different forum - on this forum it will be biased towards dBpoweramp on EACs forum it would be biased the other way.

>Is it that the quality of output file made using EAC is slightly better or what?

See, for our testing:

http://dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

dBpoweramp Guru

EAC was first to secure ripping and is better known for it. Also, EAC is free.

dBpoweramp is as secure as EAC. In my experience dBpoweramp is better at ripping difficult files securely. IMHO, dBpoweramp is more user friendly. dBpoweramp is also much faster and more versatile then EAC.

Where dBpoweramp really shines over EAC is meta-data. dBpoweramp's PerfectMeta is the best system available. It will get metadata for more albums then any other system out there and delivers better metadata as well.

I'll consider dbpoweramp the better ripper when it includes support for:

-cuesheet/image file rather than just separate files
    -gaps in the cuesheets as well

dBpoweramp Guru

You can already do cue sheet and gap. As you already know gap detection wont happen until R14. I was hoping we would see R14 this year as per previous development cycles, but since there are no alpha/betas, yet, I'm not holding my breath.

However, you are correct. This is an area at which EAC outshines dBpoweramp. Unfortunately, given the small number of users that actually use cue/image ripping its a pretty small niche and doesn't seem to have been a priority.
    Last edited by EliC; 08-01-2009 at 10:58 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I figure that as long as cue sheet + separate flac tracks can be converted to a cue + flac image without losing the gaps and metadata (even using a third party tool in a batch processing mode), I'll finally be happy. So...are we there yet?

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: EAC vs dBpoweramp 13.3

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    dBpoweramp is as secure as EAC. In my experience dBpoweramp is better at ripping difficult files securely. IMHO, dBpoweramp is more user friendly. dBpoweramp is also much faster and more versatile then EAC.

Where dBpoweramp really shines over EAC is meta-data. dBpoweramp's PerfectMeta is the best system available. It will get metadata for more albums then any other system out there and delivers better metadata as well.
    I completely agree. I used to use EAC, but I wanted to convert a bunch of files quickly from FLAC to OGG or something, and dBPowerAmp came up. I tried it, and I soon came to love it. So I also started using it for ripping CDs (bought the Power Pack or what it was called back then). In addition to the meta-data, AccurateRip has save me a lot of time and headache.

And right now I feel like _praising_ this magnificent software. I just had an old CD with scratches in the last two tracks. But thanks to dBPowerAmp and AccurateRip, I can be confident that despite re-reading more than 400 frames for each track, the result is excellent. So, thank you guys for making this great software! :happy:

(dBPowerAmp is today the only reason I still have a Windows licence, running in VMware.)

--
    flips
    (Cue sheets with gap detection would be really nice, BTW ...)

Thumbs up Re: EAC vs dBpoweramp 13.3

Quote Originally Posted by flips View Post
    I completely agree. I used to use EAC, but I wanted to convert a bunch of files quickly from FLAC to OGG or something, and dBPowerAmp came up. I tried it, and I soon came to love it. So I also started using it for ripping CDs (bought the Power Pack or what it was called back then). In addition to the meta-data, AccurateRip has save me a lot of time and headache.
    Me too. More often than not, it finds the album art for classical CDs, which saves a lot of time-consuming scanning / web searching. The meta-data is at least a useful starting point for cleaning up.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    I figure that as long as cue sheet + separate flac tracks can be converted to a cue + flac image without losing the gaps and metadata (even using a third party tool in a batch processing mode), I'll finally be happy. So...are we there yet?

-brendan
    This is what I'm waiting for as well.

I prefer dbpoweramp strictly because of the metadata.
    this may be off the wall but where is 13.3 on this site? I only have access to 13.2....

Administrator

R13.3 is currently in the beta section of this forum.

Administrator

In the last 5 days the same guy (from the same IP Address range) has voted for EAC 25 times, a message to that guy: try to take things less seriously...it is a non-concequential vote.

What are cue sheets what do they do

please help

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

dBpoweramp is ceratinly more user friendly and faster, in my opinion.
    Now that I have become aqainted with it, and have the settings how I want, I prefer it over EAC.

A few settings that I personally didn't want like AccurateRip metadata being added to my tags. But I soon found out how to switch this off.

Track numbers with a leading Zero is also something that I had to configure.

But Now I have found my way around this great app, I love it.

Thanks...

PS: I would love to see a settings backup feature implemented. :smile2:
    Last edited by dypsis; 09-08-2009 at 06:57 PM.

I used to be an EAC evangelist but finally saw the light and have been using dbpoweramp ever since and will likely never go back