title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

conversion from m4a to mp3 results in slo-mo music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • no1uno
    • Nov 2008

conversion from m4a to mp3 results in slo-mo music

I recorded songs from a DVD movie for which the soundtrack is unavailable (Starstruck) -- I recorded them as lossless wavs, used dMC to convert them to m4as (because that's the format I use for lossless music), which was fine -- but when I use dMC to convert these m4as to mp3s, the result is massively slo-mo sound -- to demonstrate, one of the m4as is here (63MB), and the resulting mp3 is here (15MB). (The same thing happens if I convert the m4as back to wavs.)

This does not happen with any other m4as I convert to mp3s with dMC -- any help would be appreciated!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: conversion from m4a to mp3 results in slo-mo music

What frequency are these files encoded to? I can't get Media Player Classic or Winamp to even PLAY the original file.

Tried using the Resample DSP effect to get it to 44.1Khz, still slow sound.

Could only get the file to play in iTunes itself, then could right-click and select "make AAC version", then you can set your iTunes to make a high bitrate file. That's about the best I can offer you, as since the file appears to be 192KHz and dMC won't read it.
    Last edited by LtData; 07-19-2009, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• no1uno
      • Nov 2008

Ah, it worked to have iTunes do the conversion to mp3 -- thanks!

(I'd recorded the wav tracks using Adobe Audition, and converted to m4a using dMC -- since dMC would do the one conversion but not others, I infer it's a codec issue? Doesn't matter to me at this point, since iTunes did fine.)

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It is probably due to a limitation of the ALAC encoder/decoder, as it isn't an official Apple codec, obviously.

Comment

Working...

]]>