title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

Hi all,

I'm trying to encode from various sources; wav, flac and WMA lossless to mp3 via the command line. The following works fine...

CoreConverter.exe -infile="D:\temp\source.wma" -outfile="D:\temp\source.mp3" -convert_to="mp3 (Lame)" -b 320

However no id3 tags are added to the file. I would like to add blank id3v2 and id3v1 tags to the file and be able to specify id3v2 padding size (for future cover art file)

lame has options for this "--add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2-size 65536" but I cannot find a means to get dbpoweramp to set these options.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Peter Townsend

Administrator

Re: Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

You would have to not use the dbpoweramp encoder, instead use the CLI Encoder and pass the string you want to lame.exe

Re: Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

Thanks Spoon,

I just got that working, here is the cmd line if anyone is interested:

CoreConverter.exe -infile="D:\temp\source.wma" -outfile="D:\temp\source.mp3" -convert_to="CLI Encoder" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame)\lame.exe" -cli_cmd="-b 320 --tc comment --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2-size 65536 {qt}[infile]{qt} {qt}[outfile]{qt}"

I found if I didn't include at least one metadata tag the output mp3 would only have id3v2 tags.

Thanks for such a fantastic program!