title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I fix Meta Data that does not attach to specific album file

How do I fix Meta Data that does not attach to specific album file

I am downloading my CD collection using dB Poweramp, Mp4a. to iTunes. What is frequently recurring is all of the songs appear to have been ripped successfully, but some, usually the first ripped track, appear as "UNKNOWN ARTIST" but then right below it will be the artists name, and the track number for the song. When I go to INFO I can manually enter the artist, album, and song but it then appears in the correct album but not in order. So track one (1) gets moved over but appears at the bottom of the album. Highlighting and attempting drop and drag doesn't affect the position. The more albums I rip the more this seems to be occurring. Has anyone experienced this other than me? What should I do to sort it out?
    Last edited by lgary; 12-13-2011 at 02:39 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How do I fix Meta Data that does not attach to specific album file

When you rip the track in cd ripper, what artist is shown for track 1?, is the disc a compilation album with different artists?

Yes and No. Most of the Collection Albums get sorted out as individual tracks by artist. However, the rest are from specific albums with single artists. For example, Cat Stevens, Teaser and The Firecats, gets the art work but only 3 tracks ripped to the album. The rest are placed in Unknown Artist category with individual tracks. When I manually try to transfer them to the album via the INFO section, they get deposited in random order. So track 3 might show up above track no. 1.

Administrator

One of the tracks which shows Unknown, find the actual file on the HDD >> right click on it >> edit ID Tag

what information is shown, is an artist shown?