title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "dBpoweramp Batch Ripper has stopped working"

Re: "dBpoweramp Batch Ripper has stopped working"

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Seems to crash on the metadata retrieval - uncheck the providers and see which one is causing the issue (by checking only one at a time and ripping one CD).
    Finally got around to trying this -- unchecked all of the providers in CD Ripper (see pic; there doesn't seem to be a separate place to do that in Batch Ripper), with the same effect, Batch Ripper crashes as shown above.

:(

Administrator

Batch Ripper uses its own metadata lookups, so you would uncheck in Batch Ripper (Metadata button), rather in CD Ripper.

Ah -- so I tried each in turn, and it is All Media Guide that kills the Batch Ripper -- apparently it has limited lookups, and when that limit is reached, it kills BR! With that one unchecked, BR works!

I thought unlimited AMG use was included in the current versions of the dbpoweramp software, but I gather I'm wrong....

Administrator

Not in Batch Ripper.

Alrighty then.

Still seems like a poor way for the program to respond to an expired metadata license!

Administrator

Possible bug noted, it is the first time anyone has mentioned a crash. There is R1.4 of batch ripper in the beta section of this forum.