title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: correct inacurate rips and EAC

correct inacurate rips and EAC

Hi,

I am trying to work out whether to use EAC or dbpoweramp. I'm ripping to FLAC because my bandwidth is struggling to stream WAV, and the lure of embedded meta is too hard to resist.

dbpoweramp seems to do a better job of instantly assigning meta data - EAC didn't do anything, unless I'm missing something.

But when I rip with dbpoweramp, half of my tracks appear as Innaccurate (200), whereas EAC said they ripped OK (I have EAC set on secure rip). Did EAC do a better job, or is it just lying about it being OK? Did EAC correct faults? Can faults be corrected? What should I do in dbpoweramp if I get inaccurate(200) - is this very bad? Can it be fixed?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Administrator

Re: correct inacurate rips and EAC

If all the tracks are Inaccurate (200) then you have a different pressing of the CD (it is not in the database)

It's only about half of the tracks that rip with Inaccurate 200. Can I compare it against other pressings without re-ripping?

Administrator

Can you post the log? (copy it to clipboard).

Hmm. I'm really confused. I've just tried another CD and this time I got 4 out of 16 innacurate 4s. The error log doesn't come up after ripping even though I have seleted this, and when I view the logs, it says they are empty.

What is the difference between innacurate 4 and innacuarate 200

Also, even though it displays an album cover at the bottom, it doesn't appear to save it anywhere during the rip. I would expect to save it in the album folder perhaps...

dBpoweramp Guru

that is the number of discs its compared against. 4 other people ripped the disc with matching results that did not agree with yours. Since 4 of the tracks and not all of the tracks were inaccurate, you have errors on your disc.

The title says you are using EAC. Are you using EAC or dBpoweramp?

Thanks for your reply EliC.

I'm trying out both. The information I've been giving you is from dbpoweramp, but I'm trying to compare my results with EAC. I'm still confused about:

1. When dbpoweramp says I've got inaccurate rips, whether I can fix them and how.
    2. Why EAC says the rips are OK when dbpoweramp says they are not even though I've got EAC in secure mode - has EAC fixed them?
    3. In dbpoweramp, when clicking the view log from options, it never shows any errors, even though the Rip Status shows innacurate in the track list
    4. How to get dbpoweramp to save album artwork when ripping

Thank you.

Administrator

1. By cleaning CD and re-ripping
    2. You cannot be 100% sure as a consistent error might have got through. Only AccurateRip can verify 100%
    3. CD Ripper >> Options >> Secure Settings >> Secure Extraction Log >> Check 'Add to Information Log' and report Contents to 'Complete'. The click OK, Ok, select the drop menu next to Options button (little down arrow) After Ripping >> Display Information Log >> Checked.

4. Saved automatically both embedded and as folder.jpg

Awesome! I think I'm OK now

One last question - I've just ripped off a backup CD-R because I've lost the original, and I'm getting AR (12) [tick] Secure and AR (12) [i] Secure. What does it all mean?! Is there somewhere where I can find explanations of the Rip Statuses?

Thanks.

Administrator