title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Finding cover art

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Finding cover art

Of late I've had several albums where the ripper could not find the album art. However, WMP was able to find the album art with no difficulty. This is not the result I expected -- I have the subscription to the various databases, and they show up as sources in the ripping screen.

I also note there is no functionality (that I can find) for doing a sort of manual search based on entered data, as there is in WMP ("find album information").

Am I missing something here? Is it possible I'm doing somethign wrong?

R.

Re: Finding cover art

In the CD ripper, there are checks beside PerfectMeta, AMG, MusicBrainz, GD3? dBpoweramp Configuration (See "Need to find your version?" below) shows an active PerfectMeta subscription? What firewall and security software do you use?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

13.1; AMG, GD3 and MusicBrainz subscription; no reference to PerfectMeta, but it shows in the Rip idtag list.

All of the above are active in the Rip idtag list -- not "checked" but highlighted unless un-highlighted by clicking.

Norton firewall and internet security. This is not the problem. Most times the app correctly finds all the appropriate information.

I suspect that the problem is just that the titles were obscure and that WMP just has a broader database to draw from, because of broader use.

R.

Thumbs down Re: Finding cover art

I also experience this!

dbPoweramp finds about 60 - 70 percent of the album covers, whereas WMP and another album-database program I use, finds 90+ percent.

Maybe you should try to look for another cover-database to use.

Regards

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I experience this problem occassionally, mainly with classical music or jazz. I just go to amazon.com and right click on the album art and copy, then back on dB click on the (+) next to where the album art should be and select paste. Also, if the wrong art is displayed you will need to click (-) first to get rid of the incorrect info. I realize this doesn't answer your question, but it is the only way I know of to get the album art if dB doesn't provide it.

Hey ya'll,

I use a little gem of a program called Album Art Downloader (http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/). It's free and open-source, and displays album art thumbnails from a wide variety of online sources. Once you find the one you like best, save it to your desktop (or wherever you want) as folder.jpg, then import into dBpoweramp. I have often wished dBpoweramp had similar code built-in, but in the absence of that I've been very grateful for this utility!

sorry if i'm breaking in, but how do you get the album art to get picked up in dbpoweramp, is it suppose to do it automatically like wmp? because if so last 4 cds like soulfly, sonic youth and witchblade didnt get picked up....

thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by puppetj View Post
    sorry if i'm breaking in, but how do you get the album art to get picked up in dbpoweramp, is it suppose to do it automatically like wmp? because if so last 4 cds like soulfly, sonic youth and witchblade didnt get picked up....

thanks!
    do you still have an active (non-expired) perfectmeta/amg license?

oh getting the artwork, is only from that way?