title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: read offset to zero

read offset to zero

Question, how do I get the read offset to 0, and accuraterip will work? I want to load a EAC image in daemontools, and re-rip with dbpoweramp cd ripper. So i get nice metadata from AMG. Thanks for answering..

Re: read offset to zero

I found a solution. I have manualy add the read sample offset (zero for a virtual drive) in my registery. Works great!

Administrator

You should let dBpoweramp find the offset, even for virtual mounted images.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    You should let dBpoweramp find the offset, even for virtual mounted images.
    Easier said then done, I ripped 15 cd of which only one was useable. I need 3 of discs.
    So Rodney please tell me how you determined the name and driveletter in the register?

Finally found 3 key discs that were accepted. Can mount cue/wav-file and use accurate rip.
    Next question (Not DBP ripper related): is there a way to mount individual tracks with the EAC Non-compliant cue-file? I tried 3 different programs for virtual drives, none of them accept the non-compliant cue-file.
    Alcohol 52% gave me an error: no start-index was defined before previous track.
    So maybe some editing would do the trick, I tried to add a INDEX 00 but to no avail.
    Also searched the web for a solution, but couldn't find something that worked.

Some hints would be welcome.

Dumb question from a new user, but does the offset adjustment apply consistently to a particular drive model? It doesn't change from CD to CD, does it?

Secondly, secure ripping appears to take much longer than AccurateRip. If a CD is in the AccurateRip database, do I need to run with SecureRip at all, and is not Secure Rip applied if an AccurateRip match is not found?

Administrator

CDs have pressing offsets. Drives have (usually) consistent offsets.

dBpoweramp will smartly secure rip when it has to, or use AccurateRip when it can.

What settings does one use to first rip with AccurateRip followed by Secure if needed? When I set DBPA to secure, I started to see error reports in the rip log even when it was ripping on Secure. Too much longer, as well, and still had more errors?

Administrator

It will use AccurateRip first on secure always.