title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: flac album artist & uppercase song titles

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

flac album artist & uppercase song titles

Hi

Hope you can help. I have 2 questions. I am running v13.2.

I rip cds to flac and mp3. When i open the files in mp3tag the album artist seems to be blank for flac but is populated for mp3. How can i change this so that the flac files have an album artist?

Is there any way apart from editing manually that i can make all song titles which come in from AMG or freedb etc to be uppercase? Often words like 'the' or 'and' are in lower case.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: flac album artist & uppercase song titles

We write 'ALBUMARTIST' tag which is the most used standard, mp3tag will only read 'ALBUM ARTIST', you can set dBpoweramp to write those instead (dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> advanced)

There is an ID Tag processing DSP effect which can uppercase id tags.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon

Thanks for the advice.

The only issue i had with uppercase issue is that although it made the tags uppercase it didn't change the filenames to uppercase. Is this posible to do or does that involve manually editing them?

Thanks Paul

Administrator

Filenames are case independent on Windows, but you could use the [Arrange Audio] utility codec if you sent them to a different folder.