title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag update issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID Tag update issues

V2.4 support would not be soon.

You can remove the 2.3 tags in dMC tag editor (click clear), then you have to use another program.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Spoon,
      What did you use to see these 2.4 tags? The ones that are presently invisible to me? :lustig3:

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

foobar, there was album art in the 03 file you sent to me
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

either foobar2000 or mp3tag will read and write id3v2.4 tags (and convert the 2.4 tags to 2.3 tags via batch commands). Will be easy to do (practice on a few files first).

Comment

• xerophyte
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2008

I have downloaded an album this afternoon which appears to have no tags. The files are 320 kbs mp3 format.
            I used dMC to add tags, which disappeared as soon as I closed the folder. I suspect it is another case of 2.4 tags that dMC can't see.
            I know last time I used Foobar to remove the tags and then dMC to create new ones. However this was months ago and I can't recall how I did this. I don't use Foobar regularly, so need a bit of help.
            Would Spoon, or another knowledgeable forum user please post instructions on how to do this, I would appreciate the help.:komisch9:

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by xerophyte
              tags, which disappeared as soon as I closed the folder. I suspect it is another case of 2.4 tags that dMC can't see.
              Up from the dead...

I'm using foobar2000 1.0.3/dMC14/mp3tag 2.47b for my tag editing. An mp3 file is doing a number on me with album art, which is a long story that I'll omit.

but

if I have album art that dMC 14 can see ('Edit ID-Tag' from Win7/64 explorer) and edit the tags at all in foobar2000, then dMC can't see the album art anymore. Foobar2000 & mp3tag both see it.

MP3Tag says the tags are now 'ID3v2.4 (ID3V1 ID3v2.4)'

So will ID3v2.4 support be coming soon?

Thanks

Comment

• xerophyte
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • May 2008

Hi 73Chargerfan
                So will ID3v2.4 support be coming soon?
                Last time I asked that question I was told NO.
                I was trialling Tag and Rename when I heard about dMC. I found that Tag and Rename was not as easy as the screenshots suggest, and dMC does a whole lot more for less money. Shouldn't really say that, they might put the price up.
                If I find something that dMC can't read the tags from (I uploaded a file and Spoon said the tags were ID3v2.4, and he had used Foobar to establish that) I use Foobar to clear the tags (I figured out how eventually), then create new ID3v2.3 tags with dMC. A bit tedious, but v2.4 tags are not often encountered.
                I am unsure what advantage, if any, that 2.4 tags have over 2.3, but it appears dMC won't be supporting them any time soon. A Mod might care to comment on this.
                On the subject of Foobar, I have a folder of files that are apparently mp3. Windows Media Player won't recognise the file type, and won't play them. And here is the kicker, nor does VLC, and it won't play them either. Foobar plays them without protest.
                There is another couple of choices around that might, Media Player Classic has a legion of fans (a very smart cookie told me he has 2 media players on his computer, MPC and VLC), and there are those who say that KM Player is better than VLC. I have enough media players, but others might like to comment.
                In fact I think dMC have a player of their own.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by xerophyte
                  Hi 73Chargerfan
                  Last time I asked that question I was told NO.
                  I was trialling Tag and Rename when I heard about dMC. I found that Tag and Rename was not as easy as the screenshots suggest, and dMC does a whole lot more for less money. Shouldn't really say that, they might put the price up.
                  If I find something that dMC can't read the tags from (I uploaded a file and Spoon said the tags were ID3v2.4, and he had used Foobar to establish that) I use Foobar to clear the tags (I figured out how eventually), then create new ID3v2.3 tags with dMC. A bit tedious, but v2.4 tags are not often encountered.
                  I am unsure what advantage, if any, that 2.4 tags have over 2.3, but it appears dMC won't be supporting them any time soon. A Mod might care to comment on this.
                  On the subject of Foobar, I have a folder of files that are apparently mp3. Windows Media Player won't recognise the file type, and won't play them. And here is the kicker, nor does VLC, and it won't play them either. Foobar plays them without protest.
                  There is another couple of choices around that might, Media Player Classic has a legion of fans (a very smart cookie told me he has 2 media players on his computer, MPC and VLC), and there are those who say that KM Player is better than VLC. I have enough media players, but others might like to comment.
                  In fact I think dMC have a player of their own.
                  foobar2000 or mp3tag can convert your tags in mass from 2.4 to 2.3. So this shouldn't really be a conversion that takes much time, even with 50,000 files! edit: hmmmm, not sure about mp3tag reading 2.4 tags. Anyhow, just load up your files in foobar. in the tag preferences select "compatibility mode" and force all tags to use this option, then highlight all your files and click save. All the 2.4 tags converted to 2.3 tags.
                  Last edited by garym; 12-03-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by garym
                    hmmmm, not sure about mp3tag reading 2.4 tags.
                    It does fine.

I use dMC for almost everything. mp3tag for changing filename<->tag mappings, and foobar2000 is my player so I ensure everything looks right there.

I update foobar2000 when each new version comes out, and when they started using 2.4, well I don't know. I'll try and turn it off.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by 73ChargerFan
                      It does fine.

I use dMC for almost everything. mp3tag for changing filename<->tag mappings, and foobar2000 is my player so I ensure everything looks right there.

I update foobar2000 when each new version comes out, and when they started using 2.4, well I don't know. I'll try and turn it off.

Thanks for the help.
                      foobar has been on 2.4 as its standard for several years (I think I've been using foobar for 3 years and it has been 2.4 for all that time.). Even if you use "compatibility mode" to get to 2.3 within foobar, I find that pulling these into mp3tag and saving as "true" 2.3 is not a bad idea.

Comment

Working...

]]>