title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsm
    • Apr 2008

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Greetings Spoon,

I understand where you are coming from and I suppose the new implementation is more technically correct, but unfortunately (for me), I have been relying on being able to to use '\' in album names to create separate folders. I wonder if you might consider adding some kind of token operations which work in a similar fashion to '[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]' and '[TRIMLASTFOLDER]'. Perhaps '[GETFIRSTTOKEN]<token>,<string>[]' and '[GETLASTTOKEN]<token>,<string>[]'? Or at least an option to turn off filtering of '\' characters in album names?

Or perhaps I just need to develop a new naming scheme...

Cheers,

Jason.

Comment

• pangit
      • Mar 2009

FYI Spoon - I did post that diagnostic log you asked me to generate with the latest beta: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...t=18817&page=3

Hope it helps.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>Or at least an option to turn off filtering of '\' characters in album names?

The naming code base is used throughout the program, so passing options into this would be a major undertaking.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Spies
          Has anyone tested this yet? I am excited to hear that C2 support on these Sony changers may now be working.
          I just got a chance to try the new 8KB Transfers (c2 Pointers over USB / Firewire) option with the Sony XL1B and unfortunately it does not allow c2 to work with this unit :( Not sure if there is anything else I can try at this time. Oh well, maybe next time

Comment

• dvdr
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2008

Individual Track artist not possible in dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Hi

just downloaded and installed 13.3 over my existing, registered version.
            Applying Artist-entries to a SINGLE track overwrites all other artists in the other tracks as well - so it is virtually impossible to assign different artists to different tracks (with discs not present in a database, or with wrong entries).
            Strangely enough, when using batchripper, different track artists get passed on properly...

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Re: Individual Track artist not possible in dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

You would have to click the compilation check box, then select the track and change the artist, select next track, change artist.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2008

Re: Individual Track artist not possible in dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.3

Originally posted by Spoon
                You would have to click the compilation check box, then select the track and change the artist, select next track, change artist.
                Spoon, oops, thanks for pointing that out - I have never looked upon my CDs of Musicals as being compilation-albums, nor upon a CD from an artist, that on two or three tracks has duets with a guest-singer. Until now, I have assigned Album Artist as "Original Cast" and tracks as the singers on the given track, or, in the second example, Album Artist is the main artist, Track artist as this very artist and/or the guest singer... I never realized, that the compilation checkbox was checked.....
                Last edited by dvdr; 05-25-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• hiramknick
                  • Jun 2009

Will R13.X be supporting Rip as One as an option for the Batch Ripper?

I can convert afterward, but it would be nice not to have to go through all the extra work.

Thanks, its a great product.
                  "Long time User, First Time Poster":D

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

No (Rip as one for Batch Ripper). You can use the CueSheet beta encoder in Batch Ripper instead.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Update 17th June

Updates:

Secure ripper - fixed issue which could lead to 18KB files from an unsecure rip with c2 pointers
                      All programs - menu selection improved (grey bar removed, uses light blue with a tick mark on end)
                      mp3 decoder - switched to mpeg123 and now supports network streaming (for Renaissance) ****** FREEFORMAT SUPPORT YET TO BE ADDED AGAIN ******
                      FLAC decoder able to stream from network (for Renaissance)
                      wave decoder able to stream from network (for Renaissance)
                      Last edited by Spoon; 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

Update 17th June

Secure ripper - fixed issue which could lead to 18KB files from an unsecure rip with c2 pointers
                        That's great news!

All programs - menu selection improved (grey bar removed, uses light blue with a tick mark on end)
                        Thanks for remedying one of my pet peeves.

Comment

• cubiq
                          • Jan 2007

Great that the unsecure rip now always produce files. I however have the mark as error option checked and am using the move destination file on error action but it doesn't seem to work with this release.

Comment

• mskvarenina
                            • May 2008

How does one check the version number of the copy installed? Usually there is a "help-About" but I cannot find one n this program.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Start >> Programs >> dBpoweramp Music Converter >> Configuration >> dBpoweramp Configuration
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by cubiq
                                Great that the unsecure rip now always produce files. I however have the mark as error option checked and am using the move destination file on error action but it doesn't seem to work with this release.
                                Noted
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>