title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper setup suggestions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twostar
    • May 2009

CD Ripper setup suggestions

After a bit of testing, I've been convinced that dbpoweramp is the superior ripper for my drive. I do however have some complaints with the setup process. It was more difficult than I thought. Well maybe difficult is too harsh a description. Just not easy.

How come there is no setup wizard like EAC? EAC's setup wizard asks no brainer questions. Do you want accurate results? Of course. Insert a clean cd and wait. Pick your format. Type in a fake email. You're done.

But aren't there a bunch of settings you need to change? Nope. Just 2 and these options don't even affect the quality of your rips.

This guide was helpful but too lengthy for a beginner.

These options should be set by default. I don't remember if they were. If they were, the guide can skip this part.

Next suggestion is to set--Minimum Ultra Passes: 1, Maximum Ultra Passes: 2, End After Clean Passes: 1--automatically once C2 is detected. Is it set as--Minimum Ultra Passes: 2, Maximum Ultra Passes: 4, End After Clean Passes: 2--by default? Again if they were, the guide can skip this too.

Then the guide can cut to the chase which is detecting caching and c2.

My point really is to make the recommended settings the default settings. Is there any reason why they're not?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper setup suggestions

Many customers of dBpoweramp are 'average' joe, the setup is default for the masses (people who will rip, see it as insecure and think 'oh well' if I cannot hear the glitch then it is ok), so we cater for these people by default.

For those who really care about ripping we have this setting up guide:

A wizard is planned though for R14
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>