title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WAV to Apple Lossless - no info in iTunes

WAV to Apple Lossless - no info in iTunes

My first post so this may have been dealt with before.

I ripped my CD collection to WAV files a year ago using windows media player. I am testing out a process whereby I convert these to applelossless files then import them into iTunes to then transfer to an iPOD classic. I can use dbPA converter to do the conversion to apple lossless files and maintain the file structure of my WAV library (artist\album\track-artist) which works really well. However, when I bring the album folder of applelossless files into iTunes it doesnt detect the album or track details. Is this to be expected or am I doing something wrong in the dbPA settings that is not tagging the applelossless file correctly. I would rather not have to manually add information into iTunes.

Kind regards

Andy

Administrator

Re: WAV to Apple Lossless - no info in iTunes

It is likely the wave files do not contain this information, right click on one >> Edit Tag and dbpoweramp will inform if there are any id tags.

Re: WAV to Apple Lossless - no info in iTunes

Thanks for the quick reply. I have done a bit more testing with my process with a single CD. I think I had checked a setting in windows media player (library prefs) that had messed things up during the rip to WAV files. I can now see the Artist, Album and title fields correctly in the TAG properties of the ALAC files which is great, now simply dragging the album folder onto the iTunes browser adds the music to my library with all these fields showing. Now its just a case of adding the correct coverart as iTunes is unable to update this.

Cheers

Andy