title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting FLAC to mp3 - Asian characters in filename preventing conversion

Converting FLAC to mp3 - Asian characters in filename preventing conversion

I have dMC-r13.1 and it is not converting at all - error messages - for my asian music files. It refuses to convert any file with asian characters in it. I have changed the codec setting to Unicode-16 but it is still refusing to convert. :cry: Can anyone help me out?

Administrator

Re: Converting FLAC to mp3 - Asian characters in filename preventing conversion

Which Windows Version? are you using?

XP - but I managed to circumvent the problem but removing the Asian characters in the filename. It managed to convert and kept the ID-tags in Asian characters intact. So, as long as the filename does not have Asian or special characters (e.g. ~), it will still convert.

Don't really know why it has issues with reading the filename but had no problems with the ID-tags ????

Administrator

Nothing wrong with using ~. Make sure you have not set the option in XP to disable short pathnames as dBpoweramp uses this to pass unicode filenames to non-unicode programs such as lame.