title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [codec] CUE Sheet Image Utility Codec

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: [CUE Sheet Image] Utility Codec

Quote Originally Posted by jhferry View Post
    I never said it wasn't good software but if archiving is one of your main uses how is that cutting off your nose to spite your face?
    Because, as you said earlier, this one feature (the CUE Sheet Image implementation) kept you from purchasing, which is ignoring the two main purposes of dBpoweramp Music Converter which are Audio CD ripping/tagging and audio file format conversion.

Clearly, if archiving/restoring is your sole software requirement and you have no need for ripping/tagging and audio file conversion software, then dBpoweramp is not for you and you are not cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Being in a subforum titled "Test upcoming releases" i would have assumed that at some point, though looking unlikely atm, this codec would be improved upon and get a final release. Obviously there are people who are still waiting for this to happen.

In my case i haven't really wanted to start ripping my 2000+ cd collection without being able to store it the way I want to.
    That is my main reason for not investing in this software yet.
    I guess some day I will have to make the choice of changing my preference for storage format and buy dBpoweramp anyway or seek out alternatives.

Maybe it would be best to have this codecs future decided on so to not keep peoples hopes up?
    The codec has been in development for over 6 years now after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Because, as you said earlier, this one feature (the CUE Sheet Image implementation) kept you from purchasing, which is ignoring the two main purposes of dBpoweramp Music Converter which are Audio CD ripping/tagging and audio file format conversion.

Clearly, if archiving/restoring is your sole software requirement and you have no need for ripping/tagging and audio file conversion software, then dBpoweramp is not for you and you are not cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    I think you're missing the point. What a lot of people want to do is:

1. Rip and archive their CD:s to single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA support, so that the CDs can be restored to their exact original format if desired.
    2. Be able to add a lot of metadata to the ripped FLAC files.

Currently dbPowerAmp is not able to achieve 1). EAC does 1), but is not as good on 2).

Since it's a very basic requirement for anyone serious about archiving their CD collection, I find it very strange why this functionality has not been added to dBPowerAmp, despite lots of users requesting it for several years.

The only reasonable explanations for why 1) has not been added to dBPowerAmp yet are that either Spoon isn't capable of developing the functionality, or he intentionally doesn't want to do it for some reason he does not want to disclose.

Either way, I think it sucks. Because dBPowerAmp is so close to being the perfect tool for ripping CDs. It just fails miserably at the finish line due to one crucial feature that is missing.
    Last edited by fjodor; 11-28-2015 at 03:16 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fjodor View Post
    I think you're missing the point. What a lot of people want to do is:

1. Rip and archive their CD:s to single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA support, so that the CDs can be restored to their exact original format if desired.
    2. Be able to add a lot of metadata to the ripped FLAC files.

Currently dbPowerAmp is not able to achieve 1). EAC does 1), but is not as good on 2).

Since it's a very basic requirement for anyone serious about archiving their CD collection, I find it very strange why this functionality has not been added to dBPowerAmp, despite lots of users requesting it for several years.

The only reasonable explanations for why 1) has not been added to dBPowerAmp yet are that either Spoon isn't capable of developing the functionality, or he intentionally doesn't want to do it for some reason he does not want to disclose.

Either way, I think it sucks. Because dBPowerAmp is so close to being the perfect tool for ripping CDs. It just fails miserably at the finish line due to one crucial feature that is missing.
    Sorry, but I am not missing the point, I simply don't agree with you that a LOT of people want to archive their CDs as FLAC with CUE sheet with HTOA support. Rather, they want the convenience of a server based audio library which can be played/served on their home audio systems and made available for their portable media devices, hence the Illustrate suite of tools, dBpoweramp Music Converter, Asset and PerfectTUNES etc. My original audio CD collection acts as an archive.

I realise that there are users that wish to archive audio CDs as single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA support, but as you have already stated, EAC already does this. Yes, it would be great if dBpoweramp was the complete ripping/tagging/archiving/bells and whistles solution, but in my experience, no software has ever been totally complete in it's feature list, so I guess it is all about priorities. You never know, one day dBpoweramp may include the feature(s) you want.

But I come back to the original point I was making on this thread which was simply to disagree with the notion that dBpoweramp Music Converter without FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA support, would steer people away from using the product. If it were true, IMO, that would be just plain stupid, as dBpoweramp offers so many other excellent features.
    Last edited by mville; 11-28-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Sorry, but I am not missing the point, I simply don't agree with you that a LOT of people want to archive their CDs as FLAC with CUE sheet with HTOA support. Rather, they want the convenience of a server based audio library which can be played/served on their home audio systems and made available for their portable media devices, hence the Illustrate suite of tools, dBpoweramp Music Converter, Asset and PerfectTUNES etc. My original audio CD collection acts as an archive.
    And you know this how exactly? Sounds like you're just expressing your own personal preferences and functionality requirements. Just because you wouldn't use it yourself, doesn't mean you have to campaign against adding this functionality, thereby restricting the use cases for others that really want it. I recommend that you read the other posts in this thread and you'll see that there are lots of users who actually are missing the functionality mentioned in previous posts (support for ripping CDs to single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA).
    I realise that there are users that wish to archive audio CDs as single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA support, but as you have already stated, EAC already does this.
    Sounds like you didn't read my previous post after all. The problem with EAC is that it lacks lots of other stuff that dBpoweramp has, like extensive support for adding metadata to the ripped files.
    Yes, it would be great if dBpoweramp was the complete ripping/tagging/archiving/bells and whistles solution, but in my experience, no software has ever been totally complete in it's feature list, so I guess it is all about priorities. You never know, one day dBpoweramp may include the feature(s) you want.
    The thing is that dBpoweramp is so close to being perfect that it is very sad that is stumbles and falls just before the finish line. And instead of fixing this, other much less important features get prioritized. I'm talking about small UI changes and similar. Do you really think that is more important than properly being able to support fully functional archival and restoration of CDs using single file FLAC? That should be the main focus of any serious audio ripping software.
    But I come back to the original point I was making on this thread which was simply to disagree with the notion that dBpoweramp Music Converter without FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA support, would steer people away from using the product. If it were true, IMO, that would be just plain stupid, as dBpoweramp offers so many other excellent features.
    There will of course still be many users of dBpoweramp, since it's very good in almost all other aspects. But a lot of people will actually steer aways from using it for the reasons I mentioned. Just read the previous posts in this thread and do some Googling on the matter for comments and you'll see. The lack of support for ripping CDs to single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA is often one of the main things being held against dbPowerAMP when various audio ripping software is being compared.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fjodor View Post
    And you know this how exactly? Sounds like you're just expressing your own personal preferences and functionality requirements. Just because you wouldn't use it yourself, doesn't mean you have to campaign against adding this functionality, thereby restricting the use cases for others that really want it. I recommend that you read the other posts in this thread and you'll see that there are lots of users who actually are missing the functionality mentioned in previous posts (support for ripping CDs to single file FLAC + CUE sheet with HTOA).
    Firstly, I have read this thread thoroughly.

Secondly, I allow you to express your opinions, please allow me to express mine. I am not campaigning here, I just don't agree with some of the claims being made in this thread, which I am perfectly entitled to do.

You do not agree with me and I accept that.

Hi,

I am new to dbpoweamp. I see other users have had problems finding the "DSP Effect: CUE Sheet - Multiple Files" mentioned in this thread and I am joining the list. I am using a new installation of the 64-bit 15.3 release with DSP 11 on Windows 10 32-bits. I have tried anyway the tool for reseting the application after installing with no success. I also see that the CUE Sheet - Multiple Files is not mentioned in the DSP help webpage so not sure if it is still supposed to be found among the DSP effects.

Thank you very much for any ideas or comments.

Administrator

You install from the download link in the first post of this thread.

Thanks!

Hi, I am using the "CUE Sigle File Image" to rip my CDs to .cue + .wav and then mount them with Daemin Tools. if I want then to use the mounted virtual CD with dBpoweramp to do further conversión (to .mp3 for instance) I see the Disk-id to retrieve the metadata from freedb or check with acurateRip seems to be lost and so no match is found. Does anyone know of a way to achieve the persistance of the disk-Id in teh process?

Many thanks once more

Hello Spoon,
    is Multi-Encoding not supported together with CUE Sheet Image Utility Codec? I have tried several times to encode FLAC and MP3 together but I am always get a corrupt CUE Sheet with mixed FLAC and MP3 Files in one Cue Sheet.
    Or is there something wrong, maybe a known bug? This is the last step from changing from EAC/React to dbpoweramp.
    Thanks for your help!

Administrator

It is not sorry.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Having switched from Windows to Mac, I am missing the Cue Sheet Image Utility Codec. Is this available for the Mac Version too?

Administrator

Sorry it is not.

I know this in an old topic, but is it possible to automatically rename the CUE sheet to "Artist - Album" after generating it? (like with playlist files)