title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [codec] CUE Sheet Image Utility Codec

Administrator

Re: [CUE Sheet Image] Utility Codec

Sorry it is not.

Hi to everyone,

My ripping to single flac file goes well except I am not able to make art cover to get stored as separate "folder.jpg" file in set output folder. Settings of ripper are set correctly IMHO. Any advice? Thx.

Is it possible to rip to single flac with cue-sheet on mac now that it has been released?

Administrator

Sorry it is not.

Hi Spoon,

People on this forum has been asking for this for ages: Can dBPowerAmp please support ripping to single FLAC + CUE sheet, with gap detection and Hidden Track One Audio (HTOA). Basically, people want to be able to always perfectly reproduce a CD from a rip based on single FLAC files, just like is possible with e.g. EAC.

Most of it is already in place as I understand it, which is great. But can you please let us know why the final pieces have not been put into place? Is there some kind of technical difficulty? Or has it just not been prioritized for some reason? Is it on the TODO-list, and in that case roughly when do you think it can be done?

I think the dbPowerAmp users will be really interesting in knowing the background of this. So if you please can elaborate and share some details, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Administrator

HTOA is quite rare, hence why there is no urgency in implementing this.

I gave up hoping long ago.
    after so many years one must simply accept that King Spoon is not willing to implement this ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    HTOA is quite rare, hence why there is no urgency in implementing this.
    It's rare, but not that rare.

Also, I think people want to be able to trust that they always can do a perfect restore of the CD rip. Even if only 1-5% of the CDs have HTOA, that is enough to cause uncertainty about whether all their CDs really can be restored perfectly from dBPowerAmp rips. That uncertainty is enough to steer a lot of people away from using dBPowerAmp I'm afraid.

So if there is no huge technical difficulty in adding HTOA support, I think it would be very much appreciated if you could do that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fjodor View Post
    It's rare, but not that rare.

Also, I think people want to be able to trust that they always can do a perfect restore of the CD rip. Even if only 1-5% of the CDs have HTOA, that is enough to cause uncertainty about whether all their CDs really can be restored perfectly from dBPowerAmp rips. That uncertainty is enough to steer a lot of people away from using dBPowerAmp I'm afraid.
    The main purpose of dBpoweramp is to rip audio CDs to a digital file format and convert to other formats. In the world of digital audio, the evidence suggests that people (and record labels) are moving away from the Audio CD format, so the idea of writing CDs and the need for cue sheets etc. is not a requirement for most users.

To suggest that users are being steered away dBpoweramp because the feature that you would like is not supported, is laughable.

mville, it's true that the Audio CD format is losing importance.
    But for many decades before the CD was the predominant audio storage medium.
    And to really replace a CD a perfectionist (and all real music lovers are perfectionists) has to be sure that it's a 1:1 copy.

Unfortunately dBpoweramp is no open source, and there isn't an open source equivalant to this software as well, and so we're dependent on what King Spoon considers worthy to be implemented.
    Otherwise I would have integrated a patch long ago.

I WANT PERFECTION in reading in a medium!
    And I WANT PERFECTION in absolute symmetry of the resulting digital data so that I can dump my CDs after reading in!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by marcaurel View Post
    mville, it's true that the Audio CD format is losing importance.
    But for many decades before the CD was the predominant audio storage medium.
    And to really replace a CD a perfectionist (and all real music lovers are perfectionists) has to be sure that it's a 1:1 copy.
    I am also a perfectionist. With dBpoweramp (and AccurateRip), once I have perfectly ripped flac files (backed up, of course) I don't see any advantages in writing these files back to CD.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I am also a perfectionist. With dBpoweramp (and AccurateRip), once I have perfectly ripped flac files (backed up, of course) I don't see any advantages in writing these files back to CD.
    Without accurate HTOA support when ripping, the rip is not identical to the original. Neither when listening to it, nor if trying to restore the original CD by burning it from the rip.

So if you want an exact rip, not supporting HTOA is simply not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    The main purpose of dBpoweramp is to rip audio CDs to a digital file format and convert to other formats. In the world of digital audio, the evidence suggests that people (and record labels) are moving away from the Audio CD format, so the idea of writing CDs and the need for cue sheets etc. is not a requirement for most users.

To suggest that users are being steered away dBpoweramp because the feature that you would like is not supported, is laughable.
    This one feature has kept me from purchasing. It's not laughable.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jhferry View Post
    This one feature has kept me from purchasing. It's not laughable.
    The feature rich software that Illustrate offers is extremely good value. But if you'd rather do without, then that is your decision. But cutting off your nose to spite your face, IMO, IS laughable.

I never said it wasn't good software but if archiving is one of your main uses how is that cutting off your nose to spite your face?