title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[codec] CUE Sheet Image Utility Codec

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hitarth
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2017

Re: [CUE Sheet Image] Utility Codec

thanks,
    sorted
    mine was v1
    Last edited by Hitarth; 06-05-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• thexfile
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2010

Re: [codec] CUE Sheet Image Utility Codec

Does this do internal cue?

Comment

• Hitarth
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2017

no idea Sir.

Comment

• Barough
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2005

@Spoon

Don't you think it's time for this 'Utility Codec' to become 'Stable'. It's been a Beta since 2009.

IMO so is it very stable and does what it's supposed to.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Yes will release soon
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dpr
              • Feb 2017

Hello

I'm thinking of moving from EAC to dbpoweramp.
              I want to rip a CD to a single .wav file and create the corresponding .cue file and a log file. Can I use this? If so, how? If not, is there anyway to do what I want?
              Thanks
              dpr

Comment

• simbun
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Dpr
                I want to rip a CD to a single .wav file and create the corresponding .cue file and a log file. Can I use this? If so, how? If not, is there anyway to do what I want?
                The first post in this thread contains the executable and the basic instructions. Once installed, on the CD Ripper main page set 'Rip to' to 'CUE Single File Image'.

CD Ripper does include a log file if you're ripping in secure mode.

Given this method isn't recommended any more it's not completely feature complete, but I think it only lacks:
                FLAGS (PRE e.t.c)
                Ability to rip HTOA
                Basic data disc metadata e.g. EAC will output MODEx/2xxx along with the INDEX position of where it starts

It might be worth reading this thread just in case there's something I've missed.

Comment

• Dpr
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by simbun
                  The first post in this thread contains the executable and the basic instructions. Once installed, on the CD Ripper main page set 'Rip to' to 'CUE Single File Image'.

CD Ripper does include a log file if you're ripping in secure mode.

Given this method isn't recommended any more it's not completely feature complete, but I think it only lacks:
                  FLAGS (PRE e.t.c)
                  Ability to rip HTOA
                  Basic data disc metadata e.g. EAC will output MODEx/2xxx along with the INDEX position of where it starts

It might be worth reading this thread just in case there's something I've missed.
                  I did download and try the executable and glance through the thread before posting my question
                  - lots of discussion about ripping to a single flac file, not a single wav file...and if it was a reasonable goal...
                  - didn't get a log file created, but wasn't using secure mode as my cd is damaged, but will try that. Thanks for pointing that out.
                  - can't always get the metadata for the CD... it's in MusicBrainz and I tried pasting the URL

when I do a rip as one in secure mode, with 'Rip to' 'CUE Single File Image', the rip runs and a file .IGNORE is listed as being created. The file doesn't exist.
                  If I rip to flac, flac files for each track are created...

Comment

• simbun
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Dpr
                    lots of discussion about ripping to a single flac file, not a single wav file...and if it was a reasonable goal...
                    I guess given the benefits of ripping to one file per track, coupled with the ability to convert it back at a later date should you need to, it doesn't make sense to many.

Originally posted by Dpr
                    - can't always get the metadata for the CD... it's in MusicBrainz and I tried pasting the URL
                    I've just tried and you need to bring the Manual Metadata Search window up first and then copy the URL from the MusicBrainz website, at which point it should pick it up automatically from the clipboard, it doesn't require a paste.

Originally posted by Dpr
                    when I do a rip as one in secure mode, with 'Rip to' 'CUE Single File Image', the rip runs and a file .IGNORE is listed as being created. The file doesn't exist.
                    I'm sorry I've never seen that, maybe it has something to do with the errors. Hopefully someone else can help with that.

Originally posted by Dpr
                    If I rip to flac, flac files for each track are created...
                    I set 'Rip to' to '[CUE Single File Image]', then in the Encoder section changed it from Wave to FLAC and a single FLAC file was created. Is that what you did, or did you change 'Rip to' to FLAC?

Comment

Working...

]]>