title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AccurateRip contradiction?

AccurateRip contradiction?

Before I attempt to rip a new (unripped) CD, usually dbPowerAmp will display a message that reads 'CD in AccurateRip'. However, when each track finishes ripping, the Rip Status column reads 'Not in AccurateRip'. This doesn't always occur, however. Is this a contradiction? Am I missing something?

In general, if a CD isn't in AccurateRip, is the best practice to do a Secure Rip?

Thanks for your time.

Administrator

Re: AccurateRip contradiction?

On one of the files >> Right Click >> Edit Tag and if there is an AccurateRip Disc ID post here please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On one of the files >> Right Click >> Edit Tag and if there is an AccurateRip Disc ID post here please.
    I check the Options; the Ripping Method was set to 'Defective by Design'. I switched it to 'Burst' and the issue seems to have been resolved.

What is the significance of a 'Accurate' rip status, but a red-colored CRC value?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

red crc means that the crc does not match the last time you ripped that track.

if you rip the same track/cd twice in a row, the crc should be green, its just a useful visual confirmation if you rip more than once (like if track was insecure or not in accurate rip).