title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: HELP: How does "Album Sort" actually work?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

HELP: How does "Album Sort" actually work?

I recently discovered that there's an "Album Sort" tag hidden away in dbpoweramp that can be used to sort albums more effectively in Asset UPNP.

For example, "An American Tail" can be sorted as "American Tail". To date I've achieved this "manually" by calling the album "American Tail, An" which is clunky

I feel kind of stupid for not realising this sooner, and now I have to re-tag relevant albums across my 10,000 strong collection on my Synology NAS - which will invole a lot of downloading and re-uploading.

My question: How does this work?

I've re-tagged a few FLACs using "Edit ID Tags" in Windows Explorer, and uploaded them to my Synology, but it hasn't changed the sort order in Asset. I believe that I need to re-scan the entire database but, once I've done that once, are all subsequent "album sort" tags read automatically, or do I need to re-scan the database continally.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Spymaster; 07-29-2023 at 03:55 AM.

Administrator

Re: HELP: How does "Album Sort" actually work?

A change like album sort you would need a Rescan (Refresh All) each time there is a change, unless it is a new album.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    A change like album sort you would need a Rescan (Refresh All) each time there is a change, unless it is a new album.

So if I download an existing album from my NAS to my laptop, add the "album sort" tag, and re-upload it, I need to run a full re-scan... but if I upload a brand new album, the "album sort" tag will be read without a re-scan?

Asking for clarification because a re-scan takes about 6 hours.

Administrator

Yes

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes
    That's brilliant, thank you.