title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: HELP! - Timeout Errors

HELP! - Timeout Errors

HI all,

Been running Asset upnp off my Windows10 into a Cambridge Audio streamer for over a year with no problems at-all, until recently and the android app I use (Hi-Fi Cast) sends the play command through to the desktop unit instantly as it should, so current song stops playing, and I canhear the drive turning, but I just get timeout errors, 501 code, or just a spinning circle. It won't navigate around the menus either.

Yes - i've updated to the latest version of all softwares since this started happening so its not that.

WHen I first put the server in, it was amazing and instant but now it's slowed right down.

Same problem persists when I use other android control apps, so I think its an Asset server side issue.Screenshot_20230723-102507.jpgScreenshot_20230723-112929.jpg

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam.
    Screenshot_20230723-102507.jpg
    Last edited by Adam151; 07-23-2023 at 05:54 AM.

Administrator

Re: HELP! - Timeout Errors

Try full shutdown and restart of everything, including your router.

Thanks Spoon - unfortunately the problem still persists.

I can move from track to track quite successfully and quickly for 4 or 5 tracks over say 20 minutes and then I'll either request a new track, or go to a menu and call up say "Albums" under the letter 'D' and it will just hang and then timeout as per screenshots above.

The server has definintely recevied the command from the app because the drive instantly starts to seek and move, but it won't serve the information through to the streamer.....

Administrator

Enable the debugging log for 5 mins, then upload it to drop box or similar and post a link please.