title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Gapless CD won't finish playing!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a.wright
    • Jan 2008

Gapless CD won't finish playing!

Hi,

There is a similar issue in another thread but having read it closely I don't think this is entirely the same. I have MP3 files that I want to burn to a gapless CD (fitness music for teaching) and so far CD Writer has been the only burning software to do it flawlessly. Except...

Every track plays perfectly right to the end of the last one when it suddently skips back to the middle of the last track. From here on it just does the same i.e. plays the last couple of minutes and then jumps back again.

I have tried with different files and in different orders but the result is always the same, as explained above.

I am using good quality CDs and over the years have never burned a dud audio CD, even when using really cheapo discs (which have long since almost dissolved to nothing!). I am using a NEC ND3520A drive which has never burned a dud CD or DVD. Nero burns the same CD fine and is close to gapless, but isn't quite so I would rather use CD Writer if this odd issue can be resolved.

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Gapless CD won't finish playing!

What are you playing the CD in?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• a.wright
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      What are you playing the CD in?
      My normal hi-fi (Sony) CD Player which has never had issue with any CDR/CDRW disc.

However when testing on my PC in both Nero Showtime & WMP, no issue. The problem is I need to play it in a CD player, not on the PC. I'll try it in some other devices (Xbox, PS3, DVD players etc) and report back.

Edit: Come to think about it, the hi-fi is circa 10 years old and I am not sure I have burned an audio CD over the standard 74 mins in the past and this time I have created a gapless 80min CD which is almost full. Is it possible the CD player can't read past 74 mins?
      Last edited by a.wright; 04-22-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes, it is possible.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• a.wright
          • Jan 2008

I think the CD player is fine. I used Batch Converter to convert the MP3 files to WAV and used the DSP "Remove Silence". I then used Nero to burn an audio CD without the 2 second gaps and it created a gapless CD of 78 mins which plays perfectly in the CD player.

I still need to try the CDWriter created disc in some other devices....

Comment

Working...

]]>