title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AlbumArt filling harddrive on WHS

AlbumArt filling harddrive on WHS

On HP WHS C:-drive is only 20GB.

Running Asset I quickly get low on diskspace warnings because AlbumArt is filling up with thousands of images. Is there a way to tell Asset to store AlbumArt on another drive?

Pres.

Administrator

Re: AlbumArt filling harddrive on WHS

If you had 10,000 tracks the album art should take up roughly 150MB, 100,000 track is 1.5GB

R2 of Asset would be more efficient in the storage of art (currently each track of an album has album art seperate, rather than an album basis, if the arts are the same), so potenially the store would be 10x less.

I deleted the AlbumArt directory. Limited the Asset library to just about 100.000 tracks.

Now two days later the AlbumArt directory is 5,38GB with only 21.791 files in it.

I checked "Limit coverart to 160x160" but find lots of 9,10,15 MB files in the AlbumArt directory.

Anything I can do other than manually go through my music collection and manually reduce cover file sizes and retag files? - Will take me most of the summer :(

Pres.

Administrator

Did you do your own album art scanning? because album art should never be 15MB!