title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Review PerfectMeta Option Greyed Out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haziz
    • Mar 2009

Review PerfectMeta Option Greyed Out?

The option to review Perfect meta tags from the 4 databases is usually greyed out the vast majority of the time. Also Alt-M does not activate it. I am ripping both Jazz and Classical and like everybody with Classical I am often unhappy with the various tagging schemes and wish to review the various options from the 4 databases before I start ripping.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Review PerfectMeta Option Greyed Out?

It means that results only returned from 1 database.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haziz
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      It means that results only returned from 1 database.
      But when I go to "Retrieve from" in the Meta drop down menu it clearly allows retrieval from multiple databases and does change the tags to a clearly different set. Some of the CDs are of popular music (ABBA) so I find it hard to believe that only one database has them.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Greyed out or with a grey background? The grey background means PerfectMeta is being used and the grey background indicates what sources are used for it.

Comment

• aaddegraaf
          • Apr 2009

Since a few weeks (I think after upgrading dBpoweramp) the only source I get is "ALL MUSIC GUIDE"
          (Review PerfectMeta Matches is greyed out)

Since then I ripped about 100 cd's but all give only ALL MUSIC GUIDE and I am certain that there are other sources available, for I ripped very common and well known CD's (Buddy Holly, Wanda Jackson etc.)

Is it possible that there is something wrong with my preferences or something like that.
          A few weeks earlier I got for well known cd's at least 2 or 3 sources.

Thanks.

Aad de Graaf

Comment

• MidnightRambler
            • May 2009

On mine it is a dull grey suggesting it is not available as a selection as opposed to grey highlighted which means selected. I have all the 4 databases selected and the cache as well and it still does not allow the review. This is present on older CDs as well that you would expect to have multiple entries for.

Comment

• damoresh
              • Jul 2009

yes i too have the problem it gets greyed & we cannot click on it sometimes we can click on it other times it seems to be disabled whats the problem and that also for the same cd.

Comment

• ocoro02
                • Jun 2009

Same issue here. One PC I have doesn't allow me to edit the matches any more (Alt + M does nothing), and 'Review PerfectMeta' option greyed out.
                Put the exact same CD in my other PC - it works. This is the case for all CDs and I know for a fact it was working on this PC until recently.
                i've not updated dbPoweramp at all. I'm struggling to think what might've caused it.

Comment

• ocoro02
                  • Jun 2009

Well I've found the problem in my case! The cause was that the metadata was not being source from PerfectMeta - because it was not selected as a source, and it was falling back to the first source that matched.

Right click the Meta dropdown arrow to the right of 'Meta' and make sure 'PerfectMeta (Intelligent Lookup)' is highlighted. The highlighting is very subtle so it's quite easy to miss.

Comment

• agisthos
                    • Aug 2009

I have just ripped 400 CD's and this has happened to me a few times. To expand on what ocoro02 says

Click on the meta dropdown arrow next to Meta and look at what selections have the subtle grey highlighting.

If for example 'Perfect Meta (Intelligent Lookup)' is not highlighted then click it and press the main 'Meta' button to reload.

But most importantly make sure the other buttons below are highlighted too. The 'All Media Guide' button was accidently deselected, this alone locked me out of the Perfect Meta matches.

Comment

• aaddegraaf
                      • Apr 2009

I'm looking for this answer for months.
                      'Perfect Meta (Intellegent Looku'p)' was not highlighted (subtle grey), so it was falling back to the first source that matched (mostly 'All Media Guide').

I am asking SPOON to replace the 'highlighting' to a more clear indication, for example a 'check box'!!

Is that possible for a future release??

Many thanks.
                      Aad de Graaf

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

R13.3 had this change. There is a check mark and blue highlighting now.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>