title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batch Converter Freezes

Re: Batch Converter Freezes

This really isn't making any sense.

I used Control Panel to Uninstall each and every part of dbPowerAmp, all codecs, everything. Then I rebooted. Then I ran the program you referenced to remove any references in the registry, etc.

I went to dbPowerAmp and downloaded a fresh copy of 13.2. Installed it.

No change. Batch Converter still freezes when accessing folders containing music files.

I will try again and reboot between each step.

Ok -

Used Control Panel to uninstall all elements of dbPowerAmp, codecs and all. Rebooted. Used the .exe file you referenced to clean registry and folders of all traces of dbPowerAmp. Rebooted.

Downloaded clean copy of 13.2 and installed it. Opened Batch Converter, went to drive with music files, opened directory folder containing music folders, opened subfolder containing music files. Batch Converter freezes.

It doesn't seem to be a dbPowerAmp problem, but I'm stumped to figure out what it is. Again, though, same folders open up just fine using dbPowerAmp. It is just Batch Converter that has the problem.

Administrator

Running anything special on your Windows, such as Window Blinds? (a Windows skinner)

Don't know what Windows Blinds is, and I'm not aware of anything special I'm running. Normal antivirus, use a registry cleaner from time to time, use ad-aware and spybot, but other than that there aren't any resident programs that are out of the ordinary.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just a thought. Looks like the problem is centered around the external drive. Have you tried replacing cable between drive & your computer or removing the drive from it's enclosure & connecting directly to computer via ide or sata, whichever applies. Good luck.

Bill

Am having the very same problem - except my drive is a Western Digital internal drive. Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Unsionn View Post
    Am having the very same problem - except my drive is a Western Digital internal drive. Has anyone solved this problem yet?
    Hi All:
    Just had a fix to my problem from "SPOON". What I had to do was open Batch Converter then "tick" my Music Folder which contained ALL of my music files (30K in total). I could then OPEN the folder and scroll down to the sub-folder which contained the files that I actually wanted to convert. Once I was in there and viewing the files in this sub-folder I did a RESET which "unticked" EVERYTHING. I then re-ticked the sub-folder/files that I wanted to convert. Bob's yr uncle. I know it's not perfect but it worked.

Saluti

I'm seeing the same problem as the OP and the fix at the end of this thread didn't help. The drive is local to the system and I even tried copying the file (1500 or so) to the C: drive to see if that helped. It didn't, same hangup.

I did copy the files to another computer where I did the conversion fine.

Regards
    Mike

Administrator

Does it always freeze at the same point (file)?